Betta Fish Forum banner

Slime???

921 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JennyBean 
#1 ·
hey everyone. i went out of town for a few days and have never had a problem with the tank or fish. i got home after 4 days, chloe was fine but the tank was cloudy and a slimy film was everywhere. i changed her water 2 days before i left and it was fine when i left, but i changed the water conditioner to top fin from the betta brand (the one made i think by nutrafin??) sorry i cant remember the exact names right now as im not by my supplies. she gets 100% water changes every week as she seems to do better with that then 50% or 25% changes during the week. she tends to like her water on the colder side (around 72) as if it gets warmer she tends to get sluggish (i wonder if she was kept in a cold tank before i got her). chloe is fine, no signs of being sick. should i be worried? should i go back to the other conditioner?

#3 ·
i used to have a white film floating on the top of my tank until i added a air stone. it was recommended to me by the local fish store, i was told that the water may have been to stagnant and the filter wasnt able to suck up the particles that floated up

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.