Betta Fish Forum banner

New CT rescue from Petco-- Help me with his color?

2K views 20 replies 19 participants last post by  LolaQuigs 
#1 ·
Hey everyone, this is my new CT that I saved from Petco. It was between him and another dude, the other one looked pitiful, but I could tell he was about to die. Soooo I decided on this one, he only had an inch of water in his cup! I thought he was gorgeous.

I can't decide what color he is. Looking at the colors on his tail compared to the other fins with the brighter red, I think as he starts to thrive and get healthy, his tail fin will brighten up a bit. He's a cool looking dude though. Maybe a bit of a mutt. :)

So what do you think his color pattern is?

See less See more
#6 ·
Thanks guys. The pictures don't really do him much justice--- under the lights his body and parts of the fins are very very light yellowy with a green sheen to it, and the fins then turn to whitish gray with the red tips.

As for the rescue aspect-- an inch of cloudy water full of crud, I consider it a rescue. :)

I really felt bad for the other guy, he was pretty deformed and clearly on the way out, but I knew that he would have passed very soon and that I wouldn't have been able to help him.

#12 ·
Really nice! I agree that he's a copper marble but...

red copper marble butterfly. That's what I think XD

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.