Betta Fish Forum banner

Q for doggyhog

1K views 11 replies 5 participants last post by  puppyrjjkm 
#1 ·
Hi doggyhog,
I found this picture in the 'show me your tanks' thread (something like that). Is this a plastic tote/storage bin type thing you're using as a tank? Is this a regular tank set up or something temporary? I think it's a great idea!
Is it harder to keep clean?

#2 ·
Hi!

Yep! That's a storage bin. :) They make really really good little homes! That was just a temporary home though. It's about 1 gallon. I currently have one in a storage bin too... with a 25W heater. He is in a 2 gallon bin. It works great! I think it's going to be his home for a while, because his fins are sooo big and heavy (he's a HM) that he gets tired easily, so he won't be going into the 3 gallon pretzel jar I found in the basement! LOL Yeah, I use pretty much anything for tanks. :)

It's actually EASY to clean! In the summer I had three of these set up for some sick bettas. One had REALLY bad fin rot (Requiring daily WCs) the other had Swim bladder disorder (It was really easy to lower the water level for him) and the other had all sorts of problems. (walmart rescue) It was really easy to just put the fish in their cup, and dump the water. EASY! The only thing, is that you can't see through it very well. But you may be able to find a clearer one. I just got mine from around my house.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.