Betta Fish Forum banner

Kritter Keepers Question

2K views 13 replies 11 participants last post by  DragonFish 
#1 ·
So, not a terribly interesting, life threatening question or anything....but, I'm curious. For my newer guy I picked up a 2.5 gallon(ish, I'm guessing, it was the medium size....)'Kritter keeper' because it was about all I had room for and I'd heard several people kept their bettas in them....and it was so much easier to carry :lol:

Anyway, I stuck in my Hydro mini heater..but had a slight problem. I couldn't close the lid all the way. :| While its not something dire(the opening is very, very tiny....)I'm wondering....how do you all with 'Kritter keepers' deal with it? Do you just leave it propped up on one end? Both ends? Or do you force it down? I'd force down the lid, but I'm worried about busting the cord....

Thoughts? Experience?

#4 ·
I have two of the 2.5 gal mini bows and have the same issue.
The top just rests on the heater and filter cords because there are no cutouts. Hasn't been a problem at all.

#7 ·
I used to have a 5 gallon one that held as newt (come to think of it, where did it go...? I can make some more room and...) and then some white clouds (yeah, I know...I didn't take very good care of fish as a kid).

I had the same problem...the lid wouldn't close right on it. I just forced it down and left it like that.

#9 ·
My cord fits fine with the lid on. I think I had mine going on the corner or right beside the corner and it fit fine.

#12 ·
Make a hole. or tape down the lid. It's not like you need to open it everyday when they make a feeding hole.

And I agree, Kritter keepers are easier to carry. And if you drop then, they don't break. >.< just don't step on them, lol.

#13 ·
Beautiful betta in there!

The plastic on the cover is relatively easy to cut. I'd just notch it out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.