Betta Fish Forum banner

Bucket

553 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Olympia 
#1 ·
This might be a stupid question but does it matter if you use any(unused)plastic bucket for water changes or does it have to be a special "aquarium bucket"?

#2 ·
The bucket is perfectly fine :)

#4 ·
Any non-metal bucket works, just rinse it with hot water and it should be good to go. If it did have something else to begin with you can clean with a 1/9 vinegar to water solution or a 1/20 bleach to water solutions. Which ever you decide be sure to wash it thoroughly until you can't smell anything coming from it.

#5 ·
I got a "Homers" bucket from Home depot, it was like $3 .. I took a sharpie from the drawer and wrote "FISH WATER" on it .. end of story LOL

At my old house I never had to use buckets, there was a window less than a foot away and I just syphoned straight onto the plants below

#7 ·
With the medley of toxic cleaners my mom uses, I have my own that I keep near the tanks. Makes a great garbage for when I'm removing dead leaves also.
Posted via Mobile Device

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.