Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-22-2014, 07:25 AM   #2841 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yep, Sam and Rai are brother and sister and once I set up my tank, I'll be breeding those two ^_^
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 09:37 AM   #2842 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

So half of my Ludwigia in the 29 melted due to me stopping Excel for a week and a half >.< I figured I'd try it since many had said that their plants grew the same after not using Excel buuuut I think my tanks are better off with using the CO2 supplement. My weed plants (dwarf water lettuce and myrio) are still growing just fine but the Ludwigia is definitely NOT happy any more. So I started to dose daily again with Flourish twice a week, I may have to add Phosphate too to help the nutrient deficiency in the Ludwigia, that and maybe Potassium but I'm unsure on that part.

So for my digital photography class we're doing Time-Lapse and Stop-Motion for our next project. I think I'm going to do a Time-Lapse story that's actually more of a horror type thingie with Halloween around the corner. I generally stay with the cutesy stuff so going in this sort of direction is unheard of for me! But I'm thinking of a sort of Vampire-ish story. Girl/s driving down a dark backroad, windy out with fallen leaves (based off last nights storm). They see a shadow of a figure in the road for a minute, stop to investigate. Girl gets out to call to see if anyone was out there, there is a path in the woods. She stupidly (classic horror lol) goes down the path a few feet, hears a twig snap, looks back, car and road are gone, it's just more woods. (almost like slenderman feel!) Heavy breathing, another twig and she looks back down the path to see shadow of the figure. Turns to run the other way, finds herself on a dirt road with a car facing her, lightning flashes and wind blows. Car revs, lightning flashes and internal light comes on to see a shadowed figure again. And here I'm not sure if I want the "vampire" to appear behind the girl and bite or be some other creature or just a phantom and she's back in the car going down the road with the other girl or something. Still working on that part.

There will be background noises of wind, twigs, leaves rustling, heavy breathing, maybe a wolf howl in the distance at some point. Car noises obviously when the car is running, car door shutting, and talking. It will be shot on my road at night and at the edge of my woods.

I hope I'm not being too ambitious with this lol. But it's really intriguing me and I'm really excited to do this! I'll be starting tonight if my camera will cooperate with me.
Old 10-23-2014, 01:09 PM   #2843 
BettaLover1313

Very sorry to hear about Tuttle.

Your story idea for your photography class sounds really neat!
BettaLover1313 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:13 AM   #2844 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Thanks BL1313!

--------------------------------------------------
So the female Goby did die, found her under the driftwood. The male is absolutely no where to be found, I poke around the tank too, he's probably under the rocks dead too >.< I'm astounded that this tank isn't cycled yet....

I took out the baby sparklers, somehow misplaced two of them....but I acclimated them to the empty compartment of the 20 at the end where Rennie used to be. Oh...I don't think I said that here, Rennie went over to Lucillia's to potentially breed with her boy Sashimi! So I had that compartment at the end left open, so I put them there and added the last four from the 29 there as well to keep to easy for me. They're getting big! They've got their turquoise colors in, fins are all developed and coloring up too! Their eyes are BRIGHT blue now, it's so cool to watch them grow! I can definitely see where the planted tank slows their growth but they are stronger with very healthy appetites.

Not sure what I'm going to do with my 4 gallon. Half of me wants to just break it down to do a mini reef tank, but MONEY ugg. And if I do go to Norway next year....well, that's a whole year wasted to just be taking it back down for potentially 4 years in Norway....idk.

I started dosing Excel again since my plants were unhappy before so I'll be continuing that. My Sparklers are breeding again today, they croak a LOT too holy carp! I know Matt and I had that conversation before when I didn't realize Sparklers and Croaking were different species by my Sparklers croak like every single hour and they wake me up at night too >.< I don't mind that much since I'm generally already awake anyway haha but wow they are loud!

Oh and that's my new thing: "Holy Carp" lol, I generally say Holy Mackerel but I wanted to add to my vocabulary of holy fish hahah.