Betta Fish Forum banner

Female betta overeating in community tank

2K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
Hi all again,
I have a new girl (Sally) in our 30gal. Everything is going well and she is confidently exploring her territory without bothering the other fish too much... except at dinnertime. I feed her separately, but I don't see how I can prevent her sharing the regular fish food. Plus I have two loaches I need to feed sinking pellets to- and she enjoys those entirely too much! Do you have any suggestions? Thanks!

#4 ·
or you can feed them on oppisite sides of the tank

#6 ·
Thank you both. These are good suggestions. I fasted her this morning and then tonight I only gave her one pellet. I fed her at the opposite side of the tank and it somewhat worked. However she still ate some of the others' food. I looked at what I feed everybody else (Hikari mini ganules) and it has a higher amount of protein than the Hikari BioGold I have for the bettas. At this point I'm thinking she can have her two pellets in the morning and then she can eat with everybody else at night. What do you all think? it's really weird that the regular fish food seems better than the betta pellets for the bettas.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.