Betta Fish Forum banner

Breeding again.

10K views 214 replies 23 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
Okay so I'm starting to condition Pearl and Merlin. I still don't know if I'm using Pearl yet, but I'm conditioning her just in case. Like I said before, if I win the auction on Aquabid, I'll be breeding Merlin with the new female. Which I'm looking for names if there are any suggestions. Anywho, I am conditioning them a new way, they're in a 10 gallon set up like breeding but it's divided. It looks like I'm using a new girl anyways, so I'm not worried about Pearl. The female should be almost ready for breeding so I want to get Merlin prepared. If I somehow happen to come around one more tank soon, I may breed Pearl also. =D
Today I got, a heater (from a freecycler, so for free), a 10 gallon filter (which I have questions about), and I ordered some microworms from ebay which should be here in a few days. I only payed $4.25 for them! But yeah, so I set up the breeding tank with the filter & the heater and I have Merlin and Pearl in it. I have some pics. I have some questions too. But I'll post the pics first.

Set up for now, the home in the middle wont be there when I set up for breeding.

The filter I got

Okay here's my questions. I don't know about that filter. I can't change the flow and it looks kinda strong to keep in there with the fry. Do you think I could slow it somehow, or when I breed should I leave the divider in there?? I just think the fry could swim through it. I dunno, opinions??

I also wanted some help with microworms so I'm not completely clueless when they get here. So my other questions are, how do I culture them and make more? Anyone have some sites I could look at so I can get the supplies to set everything up?? Thanks guys. I just want EVERYTHING right this time around.

See less See more
#118 ·
Looks like he's starting the nest. I may release her tonight. I don't know. Might wait till tomorrow. Last time I left him with Pearl all night before they bred. So I'll probably release her tonight.

#120 ·
whope everything goes well!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

#122 ·
Sweet!!!

#124 ·
Kay I'm going to release her right now. lol. And if no one jumps on the computer when I go in my room, I'll be writing and posting pictures as usual. Here it goes guys!! Wish me luck!

#127 ·
Kay she's released. Things seem to be going good. Not alot of chasing, although there is a little, which is good. I think I'm going to get alot of babies lol. They seem very interested in each other. Heres some pics and a video

http://s202.photobucket.com/albums/aa212/torimarie2009/?action=view&current=IMG_0017.flv

Checking eachother out for the first time

Merlin and the bubblenest

Flaring

Nest

Both of them

Such beautiful fishies, I Know. lol

My lady Guinevere =D

Following her

Side-by-side, I love this one

Guin hiding after the first little chase

#130 ·
love the video

#133 ·
Sometimes he gets a little frustrated and chases but yes, he's doing great. I'm hoping to wake up to eggs. I'm comfortable with leaving them alone tonight. She likes to just chill under the nest while he works on it. It's like they were made for each other lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.