Betta Fish Forum banner

my betta won't eat his food

3K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  JamieTron 
#1 ·
i just bought a betta and he hasn't eatin his food for a day now and he looks very healthy so i want to know what i should do or what else i can give him to eat.

#3 ·
I am not an expert, but I have done a little bit of research. First off, what type of food are you feeding your betta? Are you feeding him flake food, pellets, etc... Some bettas refuse to eat some types of food. My betta for example will gobble up his pellets, but will spit out any flake food I give him. My betta LOVES his pellets, while he for some reason won't eat any other food (blood worms, etc...)

Also, he might be a little stressed still. I would give him a day or two to get used to his environment. Bettas won't die if they go awhile without food. He can go a few days and be OK.

I want to remind you to make sure his tank is a warm temperature because when my betta stopped eating, it was because he was cold. Also, does it seem like he has some disease like ich, or fin rot? Those can make him not want to eat if they are too bad.

Remember, I am not an expert (I am far from an expert...), but I hope this helps a little. If someone else posts, they are probably more experienced than me, and know more. I am somewhat sure he will be OK though. It doesn't sound like he has anything bad going on with him, and if he is healthy looking, chances are, he is healthy.

#5 · (Edited by Moderator)
im feeding my betta pellets but he ignores them and he doesnt seem like he has any diseases or any other thing wrong with him one of my bettas recently died also and it was because he wasnt eating so i went to the store to the store and got a new fish,tank, and food but his food might be a little cold so ill check that thank u

sorry for the writting errors

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.