Betta Fish Forum banner

2 10 gallons

1K views 9 replies 3 participants last post by  tahbi 
#1 ·
i have 1 10 gallon with gravel, hat is filtered.
I want a snail for this tank, because i plan on using it as a spawn tank this spring...and don't want to deal with the hassle of removing other fish.
What kind of snail would work well? I sure as heck want one that WONT reproduce on its own. 1 male betta, and he is aggressive.
Suggestions?

I have a second 10 gallon, Soon to be filtered.
Has sand and a good amount of decor.
I want to add something to my 1 male betta in this tank. He is small as of yet, and not very aggressive.
I would like something that will reproduce, and he can eat the fry.
What is recommended?
This tank is permanent and i have no plans on using it to spawn.

#2 ·
For #1
You can try an Apple Snail or Assassin Snail. Apple snails are vegetarians and Assassins are carnivores. Do some research on their care. Oh and i forgot Nerite snails. They need brackish water to breed so no millions of snails.

For #2
Look for livebearers such as Guppies, Mollies, Platies, Swordtails, and Endlers. Be sure to research their care needs as well.

#3 ·
I was thinking about guppies for the sand tank...but would the male and Boris have a problem?
I have 4 Platies in my 20Gal sorority...and they just wont reproduce.

#4 ·
I'd say no on the Swordtails, they get to 4" each and can outgrow (and bully) in a 10g tank. But non fancy guppies would be a good choice, just provide lots of hiding.

I was going to say an apply snail would be great for the first tank, they get pretty big. I just love my 3.

#5 ·
I will look around and see if i can find any Apple Snails...the stores here are actually quite limited on snails :/

And i figured the Swords would get to big and/or aggressive.

#7 ·
i was considering having them in my 20gal before i decided to keep a few of my betta girls. Swords are very pretty, an my mom used to keep them.

So heres a platie question...
i have 3 females and a male. 1 of my females is THIN, like i honestly dont understand how she is this thin and still alive. When i feed, she nibbles at the surface...but never eats. None of the others chase her away. I have separated her and offered her food...and she ignores it. From what i have seen, none of the bettas chase her.
i am stumped.

#9 ·
Iv had her for about 8 months.
The other 3 are fat and sassy, so are all of my bettas, loaches and coreys.

I feed Wardley Betta food, Tetra Babyshrimp, and Omega One Tropical freshwater flakes. I feed them 3-4 times a week, generally leaving a day between each feeding because i feed heavy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.