Betta Fish Forum banner

Corys or shrimp.

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Bombalurina 
#1 ·
So my lfs and petco nearby have both Cory's and shrimp between the two I have a wide selection.
I would like to add some Cory's or shrimp to my 10 gallon after the cycle and Ive heard it's unwise to add both.
My plan was to add one to one tank and then the other to my future tank that I have planned.
I would like some opinions on adding ether. Also I'm looking for more hiding places bonus points for suggestions all I have currently are 6 plants (11 If you count the floating ones seperately)! :)

#2 ·
Very bad to add both. Shrimp can go with calm bettas. VERY calm bettas. Won't fully flare at neighbors calm bettas. Corys are good all around and need less care.

#6 ·
5-6 panda cories would be ideal. Make sure you have a sand substrate, though, as they have such delicate little barbels.

I'm going to disagree that it's bad to add both - as long as the shrimp have hiding places (to hide from the betta, the cories will ignore them) then it is perfectly fine. Shrimp contribute very little to the bioload, won't bother the cories, and don't actually need that much care, just relatively low nitrates. I have about 50 cherry shrimp with my cories and sorority and have never encountered any problems.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.