Betta Fish Forum banner

Finger's crossed!

1K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  doggyhog 
#1 ·
I just found a FREE 5g tank with EVERYTHInG included! The only thing is, it comes with 4 tetras... I'm thinking about putting them in the 10g sorority. How long do tetras live anyway? I'mma ask my parent's if I can, then e-mail and see what kind of tetras they are.

#2 · (Edited)
FREE?!?!? I would die if someone gave me a 5 gallon tank for free. What are you planing on doing with it if you get it?

I have had some tetras (I don't know what kind) that I had for about 3 years. I got them from my uncle who claims they were 5 years old when he gave them to me. 8 years is a long time for most tetras though. Most of my neon tetras last a few years then randomly die out at the same time.

#4 ·
What else would I do other the but a betta or two in it!? :p

Ah OK. See, the ad says "You must promise to keep the tetras" but I might be able to get them to let me rehome them. I'm sure I could find them a good home.

#6 ·
If they are neons I might convince my dad to let me take them XD I have 5 of them in a 15 gallon tank so I think I could live with a few more. You would have to ship them though. Not so sure that would be so good.

I love tetras more than I love bettas. They are easy to care for, and just all around good fish.

#15 ·
I think I'm gonna get it and make it a sorority. Because I could fit MORE girls and it would just be a better chance of it working out.

Well, my Mom didn't say No, but she didn't exactly say Yes either.... Hehe We'll see. I'll ask my dad when he gets home.

Then I would divide the 10g that I was planning on making into a sorority. :D It's already really well established, so I could add fish ASAP.

BTW, I'm going to ThatFishPlace tomorrow!!! :D Whoopeee!! They have hundreds of bettas. Sad part is, it says they are out of stock with females and plakats. :( (I really want a plakat) But, sometimes they have them even when their website says they don't.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.