Betta Fish Forum banner

OH NO! SHE'S.. sleeping.

6K views 45 replies 36 participants last post by  cp6445 
#1 ·
I am sooo guilty of waking up sleeping fish. Like I get so freaked out, cause I automatically assume the fish would be.. Dead. I feel so bad lol D:

Does anyone else do this? :lol:

#3 ·
I think I've done it a few times...once my mom came in and asked me if my fish was dead, I freaked out and ran over to the tank...only to find to my intense relief that he was just snoozing...the he wanted food cause I woke him up...that made me feel really guilty XD

#4 ·
Yep. He's got a cozy snoozin' pad near the back of the tank in amongst the silk plants. It drives me crazy because I can't see him when he goes in there.

Fortunately, when he's a wake there's no doubt he's alive. As soon as he sees me, he zooms to the front of the tank and goes straight into *wiggle*wiggle*feedmefeedme* dancing XD

#5 ·
I.... might have just tapped my poor boy lightly on the head and he was not pleased about it :/ Opps I just had a super stressful day at work and I came home to him looking tangled and not breathing in the plants at the top of the tank. Turns out... he was fine with that.

#6 ·
Robert fell asleep staring out of the tank at me last night. All my roommates thought he was dead, so I had a lot of fun flailing around in front of him and then finally doing jazzhands in front of his face to demonstrate that he was, in fact, asleep. xD

#10 ·
LOL! Omg I have never laughed so hard from a thread before xD

Yeah.. They sure do like to trick us, don't they? Take my girl Heather.. She was my first betta EVER.. When I had a failed sorority (stupidly put a sick girl in with the sorority) she was the first to get sick, we thought she would be the first to die, but she was the only one that survived! Now she has her own cozy 2g vase.. But anyways, she sleeps on her side, up at the very top of the tank.

Can fish hear us? Cause I tell her " You're grounded for scaring me that way Missy! Now go to your cave! "
LOL!

#11 ·
My female Lulu always scares me by going to sleep behind the filter, in the tiniest place in her tank. When she's asleep her color fades a lot, and I freak out soo much! And haha at Jrf456 that is exactly what I think when she wakes up and wiggles around:D My boy Charlie, like to lay tilted on the bottom of the tank and it scares me to death. -,-

#13 ·
My fish used to sleep on the gravel on his side while he lived in his 2 gallon...It used to always freak me out and I would tap on the tank to see if he would move..He did..and he never looked happy...:lol:
He doesn't sleep like that much anymore now that he is in his 5 gallon though.

#14 ·
Haha. It's so true. After I first got live plants I saw my Scuzi all twisted up in the floating, whatever it was. I panicked, opened the tank, and he looked up and immediately went OPEN LID MEANS FOOD!
Keep falling for it too. At least he doesn't look so dead when he naps on the anubias leaves.

While I've been gone for the summer my mother has been taking care of him (and doing a really good job!). Well some nights she doesn't get home and around to him until abtou 10:30 at night. By then he's usually asleep, only to be woken up for his supper. Strange thing is he never eats. As mother puts it, he's stunned as a bat. I even saw him ignore a bloodworm that actually touched him (nearly in the eye too!). It's funny, and now that I figure out he needs his feeding schedule adhered to, I'm not so worried. He attacks the pellets viciously the next morning.

#15 ·
LOL I do this ALL the time!

#18 ·
My male betta loves to squeeze into the tightest places it can find. Twice today he managed to squeeze through a bunch of java fern stems and just stayed there motionless ignoring me tapping on the glass. He of course has the strength to get free but he always seems like he is in no rush to swim free and even takes a few laps before going up for air:-? Always a scary site to see

#19 ·
Lelouch treats sleep as if he's waiting for an attack. If he's asleep he will wake right up even when I'm just standing there quietly and he wont' beg for food.

He'll flare and basically tell me to GTHO of his face.

#25 ·
I think Lulu believes he's a sniper. When I was talking on the phone in the room his tank is in I saw him positioned on his leaf just sitting there flared up fully giving me this look. XD

#21 ·
My HM boy Buckminster will sleep on the gravel, on his side. -_- I woke up one day to that sight and ran over to the tank and rudely woke him up XP clown loaches are the worst offenders here though, they LOVE napping on their sides (which never fails to terrify me as I walk through the door)

#26 ·
My boy Blitzen has the weirdest sleeping habits I've seen yet. o.o He just kind of...goes limp. Like, he floats around the tank and it looks like he has no control of his body because he flips and spins and gets swept around in circles by the little filter we have in his tank. I swear, I freaked the first time I saw him floating like this - I literally smacked the tank. Needless to say he was miffed at me, haha.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.