Betta Fish Forum banner

Took a jog by the fish store today...

3K views 31 replies 14 participants last post by  Jynx 
#1 ·
So I went to my local fish store with dr2b and found they had jsut brought in ALOT of VT's. Had a couple CT's and Split tail Delta's (those were $13 o_O)

Just thouhgt Id share...

Oh... notice the Betta "Tube" in the backround.:evil:

See less See more
#3 ·
Mmm I love this store for it's live plants :)

Also got a cute rock cave for the new tank. Going back this week to get the live plants to take back to WV.

#6 ·
Wow, they have 3x's as many bettas than the petsmart I go to. I'm pretty sure I dont even have a petco around or well....anything besides petsmart. Weird, considering paducah, ky is a very large city. Your very lucky!

#11 ·
my petsmart where i got pheonix only had two foot long shelves of males and they had like only 6 cups of females. the shelves are all so close together, with the supplies on them that you have to be very careful to get them out to see the ones in the back

#14 ·
From what Ive seen, Petco has the prettyest ones, however Im not sure that they all live since the one I bought dr2b died.

Petsmart has an end isle shelf for them, as does Petco. But Petco has 2 or 3 end shelves and the water is usually clener.

One LFS i went to had about 4 betta's.

The LFS is Winchester VA had maybe 2 dozen but they weren't very pretty.

I was shocked when I saw over 100 betta's lol. Def didnt have them last month.

#15 ·
They also had a ton of decorations. I forget who it was, but someone on here decorated with skulls a lot. They had tons of them at this place lol.

#19 ·
I bought Flair some Wardley's. I am going to give him a try on it. I am hoping he'll eat it so I can switch up his food during the week. I knew there were some people on here who decorated with skulls - we were there and I told Synthisis "I forget who it is, but they'd love all these skulls." lol.

I'm not that big of a Petco fan...they are so expensive.

#22 ·
For my next betta I'm gonna go to petco, they seem to have a better selection from what ive heard. decorations will be from petsmart most likely because my petco is expensive.

#23 ·
I had a one gallon just like the ones on the shelf under the fish- got a big hairline crack in it after just a month. I read online reviews from other people who had that happen.
We have 2 Petsmarts and a Petco here- the Petco is usually cleaner but is way out in Rosedale where the rich folk live so maybe that's why. Also the Petco is the only place I've ever seen half moons in Bako- but they were $15 so I got my little Lulu. The females were tucked off to the side all lonely like awww

#25 ·
Thats what i would do if i sold bettas. at least give them some swimming room

#26 ·
Wow lots of bettas! Id be in betta heaven haha. I have a bunch of pet stores here. Petco,petsmart,petland,petsplus,um...alot...None seem to take very good care of their bettas. Petco maybe a bit better,but Ive had bad luck with males from there. My female is fine though. So I dunno.

#27 ·
whoa, that's a lot of stores. and they all start with 'pets' lol

#29 ·
I would love to go there some time! I love my betta, and I may get another! My store only has a few bettas, and their in those plastic baggies. It makes me sick, so thats why i rescued mine. :] and then they had some in those, "Coke Bottles" and they had little rocks at the bottom. THATS SO MEAN TO ME! I mean who would cant to go throught the stress being shoved down a little hole? That pet store looks alot better than mine. That betta tube is EVIL. :[

#30 ·
Shoved in a coke bottle? WTH! Thats just beyond cruel.

And yes lots of stores starting with Pet lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.