Betta Fish Forum banner

What did you do with your tank today?

101K views 2K replies 319 participants last post by  Polkadot 
#1 ·
Thought it would be cool to see what everyone does with their tanks!

You can post anything from feeding your fish to doing a complete overhaul, a water change to medicating, adding a new fish or new plants....
Basically post anything you want as long as it is related to one of your tanks!

Ex:
Today I fed everyone, started rinsing sand for my substrate change, added some more baby ferns to my driftwood, and did a small w/c on my fry tank.

#2 ·
yesterday I got some frozen brine shrimp for my little guys and I got some aquarium silicone to glue a piece of driftwood to a tile cause it wouldn't sink..
today I did water changes..
and on thursday I'm gonna put the driftwood in the tanks!!!
and when I get the money I'm gonna buy live plants for them!!

#3 ·
Fed everyone, Mike had to take out a guppy that had died, Archi was displeased and she's been scavenging all dead guppies, going to pull a WC on Hu's tank.

#7 ·
I visited a LFS and bought a resin cave for Blossom for his 5.5g tank. It had a plastic plant attached, which I detached. About an hour after I put it in the tank Blossom was resting inside. I'm watching his fins to make sure they don't tear. The opening to the cave is large enough that he doesn't have to squeeze through, and the sides of the cave are not sharp but not perfectly smooth, either. It seems they don't really make ornaments with bettas in mind.

#9 ·
Well this morning I worked on conditioning one of my males up for breeding. He is just not aggressive enough, and so I have been trying to build up his confidence with daily flare sessions at the mirror.

I also got took some nice shots of my fish for my blog, and then my camera ran out of battery.

Then I fed a few of my fry/juvies in the grow-outs breakfast.

#10 ·
I hauled my but out of bed at 11:50 to feed my fish, I am behind on water changes by three days because I am so sick, running a fever and throwing up my gut :(
The fry tank needs a water change but I can't get out of bed. I attempted to do a water change but after 30 seconds o holding the syphon hose I was so dizzy I dumped the water back in the tank and threw up in the bathroom. Oh my life.
I can barely move :eek:
Although I am almost finished all the Pirates of the Caribbean movies although I have slept through most of each one. Maybe tomorrow I will watch as many Lord Of The Ring movies as possible.

#11 ·
I fed Azure and Valentine today. I also kept watch on my new heater. Then later I gave both a few bloodworms. Later I did a 50%/60% water change. I also got some nice pictures of Valentine and Azure for when I go to my dad's in a few weeks.

#12 · (Edited)
Great thread! So many busy Betta owners.

I water tested, changed 50% of the water in each tank, trimmed what I hope is the last of the melting leaves from plants in the 2.5g, picked out and floated some manzanita that will be the base for some fissidens I just bought (squee! I love new plants!).

Bought all the shipping materials I am sending for rehoming bettas to me, and assembled the insulated box.

#15 ·
I finished setting up Roslyn's new 10 gallon tank, put him in, watched him swim, and swim, and swim, and swim...and then scare the bejeepers out of his neighbor, Emmett. Poor little Emmett...he's just so shy. I keep hoping he's going to learn to be tough! :) Roslyn finally settled down and tucked himself in behind the sponge on his filter. He's crammed in there like a little blue and pink sardine, but he's happy. ;)

Duncan actually swam over and looked for food, so he's getting braver and starting to realize that I bring tasty snacks, not life in a tiny cup. ;)

Everybody else got fed, and I'm in need of a water change for everyone.
Sucked out some baby pond snails in Buckley and Copper's tanks, and fished out a few adults from Geoffrey and Chaucer. Dang things are NEVER going to go away...

Toulouse made a bubblenest in his happiness that Somerset is back from medication/quarantine. He's been floating at full-fin for the last 24 hours. ;) Tiny dork.

Bought some acrylic sheets at Home Depot so that I can *finally* get rid of the plastic wrap over the tops of my tanks. It's going to be a fabulous day when I don't have to unclip saran wrap to feed! ;)

#16 ·
Today I said good morning to Peanut,Button & Piglet,turned their lamps on,checked the temperatures & fed them their NLS pellets.Around lunch time I turned their lamps off as there was a nice light coming in the house & it was VERY hot here today.In the evening I switched their lamps back on,fed them their NLS pellets plus 1 freeze dried bloodworm each.I just turned their lamps off a while ago (leaving a desk lamp on nearby) so they could settle down for the night. :greenyay:

#18 ·
lets see inspected all 9 tanks....checked to make sure all fish were alive and healthy, fed the 9 tanks of fish, did the water testing on the ones that are newish to make sure they are within tolerances, and some light cleaning in a few......and a 30% water change in the 29 gal sorority tank

#19 ·
Today I took out the resin cave I put in yesterday, as well as the Pineapple House, because Blossom's caudal had two tears that had not been there before. He loved his furniture, but it's just too dangerous, I'm afraid. So I poured some Stresscoat + aloe, as well as some Atison's BettaSPA in the tank. Do coffee mugs on their sides work as "caves"?

#21 ·
Anything that is food-grade safe is safe for fishies. :) Coffee mugs make great caves, especially if you let the handle part stay up, and they'll swim through it. :)

You can also leave them straight up (IE, cup standing up as if you were drinking out of it. One of my boys used to curl up and sleep in there, it was really cute. :)

#23 ·
Fed everyone, packed and shipped some plants, and rinsed some more sand!
Now I gotta work up some more energy to do a w/c on the fry tank.

#24 · (Edited)
Just fed everybody, and I added some epsom into Mushu and Lillith's digs, because she keeps snuggling the divider to be close to 'Shu, and he keeps nipping her caudal through the divider. Weirdos.

Oh, and threw some food at my poor, starving frogs that have beachball bellies.

#25 ·
I changed water yesterday, added in a bit more than normal...went to feed this morning, and discovered that everyone had jumped the dividers and was now living together. AGGGHHHHHH! ;)

Fortunately, only two were really going at it (out of the six)...and no one was injured in their morning tussles...So, I spent the next half hour making and installing taller dividers! ;)

Going to pick up the new 20 gallon for the girls later today, then will be crafting new plants/trees and setting up their new tank. :)

#26 ·
I vacuumed 9 out of my 10 tanks, and set up a new semi-hex 5 gallon for my new lavender, blue, and maroon HM, Chance. HE LOVES his new tank, and he has a new fluval cave in it too. I also did TWO water changes in TieDye's tank, since his heater broke and water got inside it. I also cleaned Angus, Dazzle, Nimbus, Maxximus, Kalika, and Nemo's tanks, as well as the all male guppy tank and the Endler tank. Gotta clean the 10 gallon guppy tank tomorrow. I REALLY enjoy caring for my fishies!

#28 ·
today I fed my fish and played with them. Mardi currently has a small case of fin rot so I'm about to do a W/C on him then maybe move him back into his 5g because I put him in the 1g (it is heated) for treatment but he appears to already begun growing his fins back

#29 ·
Today i moved my betta and my ghost shrimp into a temporary tank so i can take them all back up to college. I also bought new substrate so I'm going to redecorate the tank tomorrow :-D

#30 · (Edited)
Today was wc day and during each I put a new silk plant in each of my little boys tanks which they all love! They went swimming through them and resting on them. I also changed around one of Button's hideouts & gave him a bell ornament that looks like it's rusted with barnacles on it.He loves caves & went in it almost straight away.Their tanks all look so lovely,I couldn't stop watching them.Also all 3 boys chased the gravel vac today which was very funny & cute. :mrgreen:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.