Betta Fish Forum banner

Is Fred sick, HELP

1K views 38 replies 6 participants last post by  LebronTheBetta 
#1 ·
Fred is my beta, I have had his about 6 months, he has always been happy, eating, building bubble nest, playing in the plants, But this morn I noticed he was not eating and was darting across his tank as if something is bothering him, I think I see a little(very,very little) white on his mouth, I have been reading all day trying to find something close to his problem, So I think he has parasites, correct me if I'm wrong, I went to the local pet store and got salt and Medaication for Ike,, he lives in a one gallon tank, I put 1/4 teaspoon salt and 3 small drops of medacation,, the temp stays around 72-78, I do weekly tank cleanings, but this week I have done two alredy, because it smells,, I'm really worried about him, someone PLEASE HELP FRED,,,,,!!!!!! Thank you

#5 ·
I'm salting daily, started yesterday, and again this morn,, do I need to do any water changes during this time?, this is his second day not eating, and it scares me,, is it better to keep him in the dark while he is sick??? If this is parasites I feel I caught it pretty quick, but ,,,,, how long does it take after treatment starts should I see some kinda recovery from him???

#6 ·
Whoa, don't medicate unless you know the problem... Just calm down for me and fill this out please. The temperature needs to be at least 75F or else they get sick easier. I replied to your other thread so you need to listen to me in this 1st.

#7 ·
Tank size- one gallon, temp- 74,,No filter,,No air stone!, no heat,, no mates,, food- dried bloodworms & flake nix wit baby shrimp,, water change-weekly last week twice,,, change 100percent,, let water sit for 24 hours and add jungle bubble buddies water conditioner and stress coat,,,Have not tested water,, symptons-- not eating, not making bubble nest, hanging around top of tank,, dartting across tank, face in corner swimming crazy,,fin on top of his back dropped to one side , other fins just hanging, not pretty, Fred is marble blue and white now he's got more white than blue, cant really tell but looks like he might have a little white on his mouth!!!!sorry for having to send like this couldn't get form to open,, just scared and in a hurry to get HELP!!! Thank you

#10 ·
Just take a picture of your fish and his sickness, and download it to your computer. Then, go to "Go Advanced" right below this reply box. Click on the paper clip when you're there and select "Browse". Click your picture and upload it to here. Then you should know what to do. :)

#12 ·
:\ It only works on computers and laptops. Can you go there? Just connect the iPad with the computer/laptop with a USB cable and then just click on the shared device. You tried to go to the "Go Advanced", right?

#23 ·
Water looks a little cloudy.. bacteria bloom, maybe. You mentioned you only change the water once a week, for that size of tank, you should at least do it twice a week.. one 50% and one 100%.

#25 ·
Just reread your initial post... if it is ICK/ICH, you want to move him out of that tank and definitely get him into some nice, clean, warm water. Depending on what stage the ICH are at, you want to keep the little guy away from them ASAP. From my reading on ICH (I had them last month), once they get to the free swimming stage (3rd or 4th stage of their life), they will look for a host and latch on, and slowly eat at it, hence the need to move your fish out. By raising the temperature, you will speed up the lifecycle and they will get to the free swimming stage and this is when the AQ salt will be really effective. With your fish out of the tank, the parasites should die out on their own (with no host) in about 4 days, but I would give it a week before re-introducing your betta back into the tank.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.