Betta Fish Forum banner

Picspam of my boy!

2K views 35 replies 10 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
I finally got some good pics of him! Enjoy :-D.

Freshwater aquarium Aquarium Blue Feeder fish Leaf

Aquarium Organism Freshwater aquarium Fish Fictional character

Aquarium Freshwater aquarium Feeder fish Fish Organism

Freshwater aquarium Feeder fish Aquarium Aquarium decor Fish

Freshwater aquarium Blue Aquarium Fish Feeder fish

See less See more
#9 ·
Thanks all!

He is my first super-delta, and I absolutely fell in love with him at the store when he just gave me the most pitiful look. He was literately "sitting" in his cup like there was nothing good in life left for him. It was a choice between 3 fish, and my brother liked him best so I picked him up....and he just looked at me and I had to take him home. I mean, once you pick them up you can't let them down! His tank is a divided 10 gallon, and he seems to enjoy the room even though he's not really the most active betta I have seen. He is so personable now considering he was a shy little guy when I first got him!

#13 ·
He is beautiful! Thanks for giving him some room! Can you get a shot of his whole half the tank? (I'm just curious to see how you decorate :) )
Shots of the tank will come later ;-). It's actually really boring right now because I didn't have enough money at the time to buy all the plants I wanted, so it's a work in progress.

#19 ·
There was this one little peach colored one with red spots and irridescent streaks in his tail that was just giving me "the eyes." I wanted to take him so bad! I was kind of looking around his cup to see the condition of the ones in the back (a bad habit that I need to quit because I don't need any more fish right now), and he just wouldn't stop giving me that puppy dog face. It's been a week and I still want to go back and get him!

All I could see there was veiltails though, or more accurately, the vague shapes of half-dead veiltails in dirty blue water.

My dream is to one day just buy the entire shelf of bettas and bring them all home :p

#20 ·
Lol! maybe ill drug you or something... or sneak in when you aren't home! :p

Our petsmart has kinda sucky veintailes, but the petco seems to have pretty healthy fish. granted some aren't but for the most part they are.

they have had some delta tails ($7.50) and half moon ($15.00!) and they must be little b/c their tails are only about 1 1/2" long, and are about 2" in body length. I want one, but haven't "fallen in love' with one yet. they all seem to be blue and i already have a blue betta. i want a blood red one like kim's pic! or i would take the one in this thread :p

#22 ·
My water is too hard for crowntails so I can't have any :(
The closest is my combtail, but he's a rescue from school so I didn't actually choose him. But, he bites his tail off (not in a while so fingers crossed) so his rays have yet to develop again. Actually, the only time I've actually seen them is when my teacher first bought him! Poor little thing, I just say he's my emotionally damaged fish.

#24 ·
Probably true, my boy has actually blown a hole in his fin from flaring before, but it healed up nicely within a few days. They're also more prone to tears because of the long finnage, so I guess if your water wasn't nice and clean it could cause more problems for them.

The problem I have with crowntails is that the rays will curl in hard water. It doesn't happen with other tail types though, because the rays are connected.

#29 ·
Oh, I know! Me too! lol If I was to get a halfmoon, I think I would have to look into a tank for it and I'd have to get all you guys to walk me through the cycling process! lol Going through all that work scares me. lol I'm afraid it would be more work than I could handle.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.