Betta Fish Forum banner

AHH!!! what happened! :(

1K views 13 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
So i cleaned everyones tank, left for an hour tops. Came home and Akiyo is laying half dead on the botton of his tank! So i rushed and put him in a bowl with treated water and instead of laying at the bottom hes floating with his head at the top. He's moved a little and is still breating, but what could have happened :( hes my favorite and i hate to see him die =/

#3 ·
:sob: hes gone. well 99.9% gone. he stops breathing then takes a huge breath....then nothing.

nope....hes gone now :(

Brutus looks like hes about to croak too!! what the heck?! :(

#5 ·
ifish, he did put the fish in another container. He said that originally.

I'm very sorry about your betta! Like I said before, I really wish I knew why everybody's bettas are dying...

#7 ·
its just sad cause the other 4 are fine. Akiyo died and Brutus looks like hes trying to hold on but isnt having too much success. =/ this sucks.

and what sucks more is i just got them new rocks and new plants and stuff so there was something to do in their tanks....

#12 ·
yah i washed them. And i washed them even better this time around. I took Brutus out and re-cleaned his entire tank. Hes still real lethargic but he has moved....

I ended up recleaning philip and sylvesters tanks as a precaution. So far they are fine. My new one, Apollo, and Ankur are both fine....so, i dont know.

Heh i feel like i just replaced Akiyo and i feel like a bad fish mom, but i didnt want to look at a sad empty tank, so in his honor i got a white crowntail(like him) female. Her name is Aphrodite. I also ended up getting a really pretty blue crowntail female, Athena. I was having a hard time choosing between the two so i got both...pictures to come.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.