Betta Fish Forum banner

More Help about my 1st breeding!

722 views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
unfortounatly my first breeding failed. i forgot to tell my husband not to release the female till the bubble nest was finished and he ended up releasing her. when i came home from the store to go get a bigger heater i found her loose and the bottom of the tank filled with eggs but no bubble nest. Im in the process of trying again.

but i have another problem. its been a couple of weeks since and i conditioned them again the same way as before only im waiting for him to finish his bubble nest. right now i have her in a hurricane glass and he seems to be starting his bubble nest but its not quite done, theres just little bubbles scattered all over the tank. my problem is that she, while in the hurricane glass, is releasing eggs by herself. is this normal? or is she becoming impatient? the male seems to be taking his sweet time on his bubble nest too. what do i do? do i continue to keep her in and wait till the bubble nest is finished? :sad:

#2 ·
I only like doing what your doing to inbred fish. Mutt fish (or petstore fish, or first generation fish whatever lol) are WAY to smart. He knows she's not actually in the tank and therefore won't build a nest. I've seen it happen a ton of times. As for dropping eggs its totally normal but don't let her eat the eggs if you want to breed her because when she does spawn she might eat them. I might reccomend that you use your regualr water conditioner but add a few capfuls of Nutrafin Betta Plus water conditioner and some live plants. Also get a Small World corner Filter (I get mine at PetCo along with the Nutrafin and Plants). Also condition using frozen bloodworms, Hikari Bio-Gold, and freeze dried bloodworms. And don't be discouraged I didnt get a spawn for almost a year and I almost gave up but even if your fish don't spawn they will eventually. As for raising fry just ask any questions.

#4 ·
Oh and if they rip eachothers fins off (male to) just keep watch and only remove them if it gets really bad. My newest spawn ripped eachother to shreds and on the third day I had like 200 eggs in the nest!!!

No problem if you have anymore questions just ask :).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.