Betta Fish Forum banner

How can i build a hammock plus a bed?

2K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  kmargold 
#1 ·
Hi everyone! I am new to this forum as i just bought my first Betta. His name is Oscar, he is a male orange and white/gray dragon and he is in a 1 Gal aquarium. I read all the forums a hundred times and bought everything i need, except for the heather which is really expensive here. I live in Brazil and the temperature is really high, so i think i wont have big problems.

I wanted to know how could i build a house which he could sleep inside and a hammock, since its impossible to find those at the place I live at.

Thank you so much, Fieldz and Oscar.

#6 ·
#5 ·
This is how I made my hammock:
Buy a Silk plant with wide leaves (I would get a fake plant that is not for a fish tank they are cheaper) Make sure there is NO wires or any metal (this WILL Rust)
Get a suction cup (Usually pretty cheap and sold in pairs)
Cut one of the leaves off the fake plant with part of the steam
Make a hole in the end of the suction cup that sticks out the back
Shove the stem through the hole
Stick to the side of the tank
:-D
Here's a picture of mine!

Attachments

#8 ·
I purchased leaf hammock that suction-cups onto the side of the tank for my betta. It looks a lot like the one Wolfstardobe posted but it didn't require any work. Comes prepackaged and ready to install. I bought mine at my local PetSmart for like $5.00

#9 ·
the only thing is you have to remember to pull the wire of the stem out cuz it can poison your water or injure your fish. After you do that its safe for them.

#11 ·
well i made the mistake of buying it when i bought Chum-Fu cuz it was a dollar and the lady at the pet store said it would keep him happier. Now after joining this site I realized my 2 mistakes: buying the zoo med bed and listening to the pet store lady

#14 ·
If it's specifically made for betta fish though wouldn't they take the precautions to avoid those situations?

#18 ·
I think it must depend on which leaf you buy. I don't recall which brand I purchased but mine doesn't seem to have any sort of wire in it at all. I believe the stem is just made of a rigid but flexible plastic.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.