Betta Fish Forum banner

Colored containers, would they be safe? (for growing fry)

606 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  MrVampire181 
#1 ·
Ok so since the fry hatched last night/this morning (around 3am) I have been keeping my eyes out on where I would get the best deal on jars or containers to keep them when they are ready. (I know that wont be for a while)

Anyway I was at one store that were selling different colored containers (kinda like a box.. but still had a lid that clamped shut so I knew it wouldnt come off) and I was asked by my mother if the color would affect the bettas in any way and honestly I have no clue. What do you think?

They were only a dollar.. and big enough to put a small plant in and have room for the betta to swim (sorry kinda hard to describe the size..) If it is safe I will get thoes and just put holes in the top :) It not, I shall continue searching! Any ideas as to what others use as well would be much appreciated :)

#2 ·
Of course the color wouldn't affect them. I mean, when you think about it, why would it?

I would get them. Lots of people use containers like that. Sounds good!

#3 ·
Awesome! I know it was a silly question but last thing I wanted was my mother saying "I told you so" Then me having to pay her 5 bucks.. lol (our little game) She thinks that it will make the bettas feel trapped since they wouldnt be able to see through like they would a clear container..

They are actually big enough for my whole hand to fit inside which makes me feel a lot better than putting them in a small jar.

#4 ·
I used a kiddy pool and several large tubs (blue and grey) for my outdoor set up...no problems.

#6 ·
Im assuming Mr V uses it as grow out with the tubs.

MR V id be interested in a detailed thread of your spawning from conditioning parents through to jaring :) when you have the time of course LOL

#7 ·
The kiddy pool was just where I threw my last spawn of adults (males and females) and some guppies...but there was breeding and lots of guppy babies. It works good for a growout and I can keep more than one male in there (two brothers)...maybe next year I'll put in two males and four females, lots of hiding places (of course) and watch carefully but I think it'll work out (not advised unless you REALLY know what you're doing).

#9 ·
Ya but fancy bettas will fight for MAYBE 6 minuets...but those fighters....6 hours????? Holy crap. I want some fighters (not to fight but because I like their rugged kinda wild look).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.