Betta Fish Forum banner

My Christmas Present from the BF!

508 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Signature Farms 
#1 ·
He had wanted to buy me one Betta for Christmas, but we didn't win the bid on it.

So know what he got me instead? THREE new imported HM Betta! And oh my, I think they're nicer than the one he lost the bid on!

And... one of them is a matching female to the two males! It makes me want to breed so so badly, but I don't even know if their quality is worth it!

So while I put them in tiny temporary tanks while trying to get their permanent homes set up, I took some pictures. No names yet as they just arrived yesterday!

This is the first guy. Again, Oh My. I adore his colors and his sheen! I can't keep from drooling over him, glad that he's mine! A left and right shot! He's definitely my fave of the group! His tail was a little tinged from the leaf put in with his water, but it's more whitish today. Edited to add: Look at that spread in his second picture! Is he an OHM?

View attachment 71654
View attachment 71655

This is the second boy. He's a bit darker than his brother and not as much white, but has this awesome metallic shimmer to him that looks whitish/silver when the light hits it right.

View attachment 71656

And the female. I don't know much about females; she's my first! She looks a lot like the second boy. I wasn't sure how to get her to show off her finnnage since she doesn't flare like the boys...

View attachment 71657

Their colors are so unique to me; I've never seen "stripes" or marking on their fins like that!

What would their color/pattern be? I'm completely lost on these guys!

And are they breeding material? I'd love to breed the first male with the female.

See less See more
#3 ·
The first boy is a copper butterfly - I'd breed the heck out of him!
The second boy is either a not-so-great butterfly or a copper marble.
Female is solid copper. Her anal fin looks a bit long.
All of them seem to have long anals and a bit of rosetailing, but otherwise very nice fish.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.