Status
Not open for further replies.

Chibi mangafy my betta! - The contest

14K views 84 replies 30 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 · (Edited)
Permission obtained from Sakura8.

CHIBI MANGAFY MY BETTA!

Introduction:

I have seen many contests offering personalized drawing for people here. And had an idea, I am a big fan of manga, which in case you didn't know it is a term used to refer to Japanese comic books that have a very recognizable way of drawing the characters within.

Big eyes, stylized bodies are one of the many features of a manga character.

Within the manga, there are many styles of drawing characters, and I'm focusing on the one known as "Chibi" which indicates disproportionate characters generally big heads, small bodies to make them look cute.

THE MAIN IDEA:

I use the chibi style to turn your betta to what it would look like if it were a human.

Examples:

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-HqmU9Rpo74...tail-white.jpg

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-cOe1MbPgBx...eenOfDorks.jpg

THE RULES AND STUFF:

1- Participants will post a picture of their betta with a caption related to their personality.

2- Only one entry per person, if another picture of a betta is submitted, then the previous will be annulled.

3- Pictures and captions will be judged by originality. So call your muses in everyone!

4- The top 5 will get a drawing by me, in which their bettas have become humanized into a chibi manga character.

5- The contest starts now and entries can come in till mid Jan - date will be specified later.

I shall need around one or two impartial judges.

PREVIEWS:

I have left my drawing trait, but I want to get back into it, here are some sketches of previous works.

Attachments

See less See more
#6 ·
This is Marco and his human self.
I know he is a boy, but I could just picture him better as a girl, LOL. He is very active all the time, so he is wearing sneakers and is wide eyed. She has a tail. His coloring is red with blue highlights, so I gave the girl highlights in her hair. Marco was a tail biter, and his fins are getting much better, but they are still a little messy, so I gave the girl some split ends. He is sort of a daredevil, and I showed that with the spikey collar and pierced tounge. He is such a piggy when it comes to food, so I gave the girl a pig nose. She is also holding a hamburger and soda. He adores brine shrimp, and I thought the closes human food to brine shrimp is bacon. That is why her shirt says "I <3 bacon". Also, i didnt know where to put the gills, so i put them on her face :oops:. This is my first time ever drawing andything anime or manga, so hopefully it isnt THAT bad. :)

Attachments

#9 ·
I'll be a judge! I can't draw, but I CAN judge aha

#10 ·
This is my scaredy cat betta Patriot :)

"I'm a lion, I'm a lion, I'm a lion ..... Ooohh no, theres a bigger lion....RUNN!!!!"

#12 ·
#20 ·
Hehe, awesome contest! ;w; Here's an old picture of my Loki: ;w;

"Hey buddy! Get out of my tank or I'll rip you to pieces! ...oh, you're my reflection.
Hey reflection! Get out of my tank or I'll rip you to pieces!"

#23 ·

"Uhh... H.. hi. I'm gonna.. uh... go lay over here.. if that's okay?"

#26 ·
I would enter again if I could ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.