Betta Fish Forum banner

I really dont know what just happened

1K views 11 replies 4 participants last post by  Welsh 
#1 ·
So for you those of you who haven't read my thread I bought a new tank yesterday, I set it up as the LFS told me (which I already knew) and added the fish, today 3 of the new fish have died I tested the water and everything is at 0 the only thing that I can think of that killed them is that the filter was too strong but I blocked the hole where the water comes out of and stabbed holes, so I just dont know what happened.

#5 ·
That was both my mother and my first thought, the LFS that sold them too me apparently kept fish for years and I argued with my mother that they wouldnt be suitable but "apparently" they were anyway I added them because I was going to put them in the 12 gall today and didnt want to hurt my mothers feelings but by the time I got round to it 3 had died

& im a she for the record vaygirl =)

#12 ·
I didn't think and flushed them when they died, I did have a little sucking loach that also died. I just think the 4 gallon was too small for the amount of fish that was in there but again I listened to the LFS when I knew all those fish shouldnt be in a small tank, so its my fault :(

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.