Betta Fish Forum banner

Store Fish Tanks : Veiwer Discretion Advised

1K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Luimeril 
#1 ·
I've taken several photos of appauling tank conditions, and of dead and dying fish. If you've taken any pictures of fish, you don't have to have bought them, then post them here, the tanks and everything! Maybe it will get some attention from a CEO or something? I can only hope.
I have a tank with a bone yard, fish with ich, and a few sickly and dead bettas.
View attachment 76094

View attachment 76095

View attachment 76096

View attachment 76097

#5 ·
I know, ive seen prettier.... And the worst part, is when you point them out to the workers, and htey say 'okay well take care of it' but a week later its the same.

#8 ·
I actually asked for a betta that had NO tail fin for free and they told me no. i was like 'so your gonna make me pay full price for a half a betta, knowing it will probably die tonight? Even though I'm buying 40$ worth of stuff?"
The manager guy was like 'yeah, we can't give them away'
I told him that some one had before and gave me a questionable look.
I argued with him enough to get it for 10 cents though. I was p*ssed.

#11 ·
Pics please!!! Before and after!!!!

I've gotten to the point that if I find dead bettas I take them with me to the register and ask the cashier "how much for the dead ones?" Maybe I can embarrass them enough to tell the boss!
Lol kinda. Mine takes good care but other places...... *shudder*

I hate "dirty cup syndrome" rotted poop floating around. Too long stuck in a store and the longer in it, the more people pass it by, stuck in there longer, it's a constant circle.

#9 ·
That's awful! Was that a particular store you were at? My local Petsmart takes pretty good care of their bettas. The Petco here though, had some pretty sickly looking ones. One betta had ah huge growth on his side; it was really sad. You definitely should send those pictures to the HQ to try to get betta conditions improved.

#12 ·
i must be lucky. worst i've seen at Pet Lover's(the pet store i get ALL my fish from), is a boy with popeye, a boy with some mild fin rot, and just the other day, a boy was bloated and had dropsy(i don't like the new girl. she didn't know what dropsy is. 8I). sick bettas are really rare there, and sick fish in the tanks are even rarer... they closed down the entire fresh water section once because one fish had ick.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.