Betta Fish Forum banner

CT dad ate his children..

996 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  cindylou 
#1 ·
and now I'm left with TWO (that I can see) fry
they've been without dad for a day now, and are four days old.
What I was wondering is, do they eat the little microscopic creatures I can see bouncing around in the tank? Just wondering, I have obviously been feeding them
also, how long can they go without food?

#2 ·
You want to make sure you feed them 2-3 times a day until theyre about 2 months old. Around that time you can start fasting them once a week.

#3 ·
okay. I want to make sure they're eating properly. I'll go look up what full fry stomachs look like :p

#4 ·
You should really feed them newly hatched brine shrimp, they are really tiny for the frys mouth. I feed mine about 4 times daily and there bellies are fat and orange after eating. My first clutch is 6 weeks old and will not have anything to do with anything right now but the shrimp. You can probably feed them frozen brine shrimp when they reach 8 weeks, thats what I'm gonna do. I have three cluthes in one tank, and they all pig out on the baby shrimp. You can try that hykari first bites when they get 8 weeks its sold at most LFS. I myself wont feed mine the big pellets till about 4 months because they are very hard to chew unless u soak them before feeding.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.