Betta Fish Forum banner

Phoenix's Planted Fluval Spec III

8K views 14 replies 10 participants last post by  mybettaclub guadalajara 
#1 ·
Scored this awesome Fluval Spec 3 gal from Dr. F&S. I'm assuming it's the 2013 replacement of the Fluval Spec 2 gal or maybe just the middle child between the Spec 2 and Spec 5. lol. I replaced the stock LED light for the 13w CF Fluval light that normally comes with the Fluval Ebi or Flora tanks. Still looking for a nice small piece of driftwood or rock to put in the middle. I plan to add a Mystery Snail and maybe Cory. Tank stats can be found in my signature at the bottom. Enjoy!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
^^Thank you! I've been kinda neglecting the reef tank ever since I got the Betta. lol

#6 ·
how did you plant the micro sword? Both tanks look very very cool. I purchased some micro sword and when I got them out of their little planter fiber things they all just seemed to split apart.

I bought my Micro Sword from Petsmart for $8.99. They didn't have any fiber stuck to them, but they did have some sort of gel that I had to wash off. They were pretty healthy and was stuck together. I've read somewhere that people use tweezers to plant with. Hope that helps!

#7 · (Edited)
Made a quick trip to Aqua Forest Aquarium in San Francisco today. It's a ADA (Amano Design Aquarium) inspired store that specializes in freshwater NPT aquascapes. Found the perfect piece of driftwood that they called "Branch Wood" and some Anubias. Saw a nice AIO 2.3gal tank that I was so tempted to buy. It looks like a smaller version of the Fluval Spec V but smaller footprint, better quality and thicker glass! I was able to resist.....for now. LoL

Thought you guys would like to see some pics of this AMAZING store. Here are some pics of the tanks they had setup around the store and the Branch Wood being added to my Spec III. Enjoy!

Attachments

#10 ·
No I didn't. I wish I did tho. I'll need to do more research on it before I consider buying it. I might call and ask them what brand it is. If I find out I'll let you know.

where is the place?
Looks like Union Street, Castro or Marina...used to love in SF, miss the city
It's on Fillmore St. Near Japantown. I agree GREAT city! So many things to do there. I'm lucky I only live 40min away :-D

#12 ·
Gah, so jealous of that wood! I really need to find time to find some for cheap, but everything I find that has the look I want is $50+, if you don't mind me asking, how much did you pay for that?

#13 ·
I bought it for $20 bucks. I was lucky to have found it on my first visit to that LFS. It's pretty small since it fits in my Spec III, but I like all the branches that extends from it. $50 seems pretty expensive for driftwood. Try looking at the Aqua Forest website. They sell this Branch Wood on there in various sizes. Goodluck!

Thank you everyone for all the kind compliments!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.