Betta Fish Forum banner

Love My New Betta

1K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  Iziezi 
#1 ·
I love my new Betta that I adopted last week. His name is Dobby. I have a gallon sized jar for his tank that I just moved him into today, and he likes to sleep in the curve at the bottom. :love: He's still adjusting, though, cuz he's been really quiet since I moved him in, he hasn't really explored his new jar yet. Sometimes he rests at the bottom, sometimes he rests near the surface. I hope he gets settled in soon, I miss him swimming up to the glass every time I walk in the room.

I was so excited to go to the fish store today and buy supplies for his new gallon jar. I bought a small heater that automatically turns off when the water is 78*, and a thermometer to make sure the water doesn't get over-heated (cuz the heater is 50W :shock: ). I also bought some plastic plants, one of which is too big for the jar, and a combo-pack with a med and 2 small plants. Turns out the med one all by itself is just right for the jar. I also bought a really cute broken clay jar/cave decoration for Dobby to play and sleep in, but it turned out that was too big for his gallon jar also.

I realize most here believe that a gallon jar is too small, but I really don't have room for a larger tank. I'd like to get a live plant to help reduce ammonia (and replace the plastic plant), and I plan on 1-50% and 1-100% water change per week.

See less See more
#2 ·
Congratulations on getting Dobby! I just got my Betta and right now it seems extremely addicting to talk about him or read about Bettas....

Mine hasn't quite adjusted either but in due time both of our Bettas will adjust! 1 gallon is a bit small but since it's all you have room for at least it's bigger than the little cup he used to live in.

#3 ·
Congratulations on getting Dobby! I just got my Betta and right now it seems extremely addicting to talk about him or read about Bettas....
Ha Ha! Exactly!! I've been here on these boards nearly non-stop since I got Dobby! Congratulations on your new Betta also, he's beautiful! Love his fins...

#6 ·
Thank you! Yes, that's Dobby in my avatar. :-D I love his name, but I didn't pick it. I adopted him from my cousin, and she's the one who named him. :cool:

PS - Baylee & Dragon, your Bettas are beautiful too! ;-) How long have you had them?

#7 ·
PS - Baylee & Dragon, your Bettas are beautiful too! ;-) How long have you had them?
Hmm... hard to remember now... I think I started with 2 in the middle of September, got another a couple of weeks later or so, and ended with getting Mango (the one you see in my avatar) from a neighbor sometime around the middle or end of October. It was definitely a settling period. Had lots of drama, drama, drama. :shock:

#8 ·
DragonFair: Mango is soooo beautiful! How lucky that you got to adopt him! I love the peach & blue coloring... Do you have pictures of your other Bettas, too?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.