Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Journals
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-04-2015, 09:57 PM   #3501 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Happy Independence Day for all my US friends! Hope it was a good day for you all and everyone stayed out of trouble

We had a great cookout at my grandfather's as we do every year and have been doing since I was a little kid and even before (so that's at least 22 years!), cookin' up the hamburgers, drinking cold sodas, enjoying friendship and family, and lighting off fireworks!

Here are a couple pictures I took for your enjoyment!

My little brother, did some editing...obviously. I wish I didn't do as much, I can always redo it.

One of the old Donkey's on the farm

Beautiful Tiger Lily that I had trouble keeping steady for

Flags that we fly each year

Fireworks!

And then we had fun with the sparklers! I did these all without a tripod so if it seems a little shaky to you, that's why lol

Mom spelled out "mom" lol

Little bro did his name

Some more fun

We tried for "2015" lol, almost worked!

Then little bro had the fire torch and we tried that. Learned that you have to glow slower to get the same amount of light from it as the Sparklers, this is what happens when you go too fast

And then just dancing around with the flashlights on the cellphones ^_^

Good night all and hope your night is safe!
lilnaugrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #3502 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Oh yeah, forgot I had pics on my phone from Saturday as well.

My Grandpa's barn

All ready for the hayride!

Funny sign, we call this "Rt. 139" since we live off R. 138 lol, not real but we have fun on the farm!

Beautiful sun through the forest

Pond on my Grandpa's farm

Can you see the Canadian Geese? They nest here every year

Tiger, the farm kitty! He's about 10-12 years old roughly. He was dropped off near the farm and we adopted him, he is the most lovable kitty every!

Tiger on my Mom

Lovely clouds over the shed

And onto fishy pictures

I love this fish ^_^

Paradise

I can never get Velvet without his mouth shut lol

His son O

His daughter Red

Other daughter Splits

Rowan

Sam

I really like how the Staurogyne Repens have grown in!

Pierce

Romeo

Peacock

Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM   #3503 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

I forgot some pics!

I have an Ember Tetra who has internal bleeding, he seems okay though...still alive and eating fine, just...bleeding...

Koi-Girl went off to her forever home and so the 2.5 was open. Linda had a complication with ordering new fish and accidentally won a fish that she bid on before she found the White EE she'd been looking for forever. Soooo I'm getting him ^_^

So I dirted the 2.5 and set it up, just some plants thrown in.
I put it next to my Gecko tank since it was easiest to do

Old Yesterday, 08:06 PM   #3504 
bubblesaurus

I love your tank setup (all of them) and your fish. You know a lot and are always posting helpful responses everywhere.

So, are yellow bettas harder to find? Just curious. He looks like he's brightening up from your first photos of him.
bubblesaurus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #3505 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubblesaurus View Post
I love your tank setup (all of them) and your fish. You know a lot and are always posting helpful responses everywhere.

So, are yellow bettas harder to find? Just curious. He looks like he's brightening up from your first photos of him.
Aww thank you so much!

It depends on the area, some people have looooots of yellows, they just aren't as common in my area. We have lots of whites, reds, and blues.
Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM   #3506 
Aqua Aurora

I'm glad you went back and got your newest (at home) yellow betta boy, really like the irid/light blue touches in his fins ^^ Russel told me you took the grizzle off her hands for her. Amusing how the white EE (which she really wanted) only popped up after buying and bidding on 2 other fish (que head desk moment).

Also aaaaw I miss my barn cats..use to take care of a bunch of 'partial feral' kitties.. I think my highest count was 33 (they bred and inbred too much >.<)

Have you harvested any good aquatic plants from the pond?

Last edited by Aqua Aurora; Yesterday at 08:16 PM. Reason: added extra babble
Aqua Aurora is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:15 PM   #3507 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Yep! I'm really happy to take the Grizzle, mom will kill me for the extra electricity but....yeah, oh well.

With great responsibility...comes great electricity bill....
Old Yesterday, 08:38 PM   #3508 
Strawberry12

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilnaugrim View Post

Beautiful Tiger Lily that I had trouble keeping steady for

had trouble keeping steady for, eh?

As always, your pictures are lovely. How do you recommend replanting the dwarf water lily bits once they pop off the bulb? i tried planting just the roots and not the little "nut" things, but they're super fragile!
Strawberry12 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 08:53 PM   #3509 
lilnaugrim
Reference Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry12 View Post
had trouble keeping steady for, eh?
I was very confused for a few minutes as I stared at this lol! I thought it was my Tiger Lily in my 10 gallon and not the pretty flower haha! I had to look back up to the photos to see what the heck I was talking about XD

Even though I did have a little...(we mixed Ginger Ale and Pineapple Vodka, mhmm!! yum yum), I was leaning over a fence and trying not to trip in the poison ivy. Suppose I could have given you all context as well haha!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strawberry12
As always, your pictures are lovely. How do you recommend replanting the dwarf water lily bits once they pop off the bulb? i tried planting just the roots and not the little "nut" things, but they're super fragile!
Thank you!

I just planted the roots in, but tried to keep most of the plantlet above the sand like you'd do for a Sword as well, just the roots and no more. That generally works well for me, I do that with the Water Sprite now and I've finally be able to grow it planted!! I think I was just burying it too deeply before was all.