Betta Fish Forum banner

New Tank for Betta :)

656 views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  small fry 
#1 ·
I got myself a 18liter (4.7 gallon) tank with one betta in it a lava rock for him to swim through and a plastic plant with a water pump and heater which is ----- 22-24C (62-64F)degrees.

I would like to add other things in there like my baby albino pleco if not that some snails, shrimp but i want the betta be happy with whatever tankmate i give him, what advice could you give me.

#2 ·
We'd love to see pictures! Plecos get far too big for a 4.7 gal tank, actually they need 50+ gallons to grow to their true size. Snails or shrimp (such as ghost shrimp) would be a great tankmate for your betta. Depending on your bettas temperment he may eat the shrimp! But it really just depends. Good luck with your new tank!

#3 ·
thank you puppyrjjkm i have uploaded my betta tank pics just need to upload my other tank pics... For the tank mates of the betta i'm thinking of looking into shrimp as you said have to find out what kind of temperment my betta has..:) thank you for the advice

#5 ·
Yeah, my sister had a fake lava rock (from Walmart) in her 5g with some live-bearers. It is pretty scratchy. I would imageine that a betta could easily get its fins ripped.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.