Betta Fish Forum banner

New Betta lover here!

983 views 14 replies 12 participants last post by  Jupiter 
#1 ·
I am pretty new to Betta's. My hubby and I bought one today. We came across some being sold and fell in love.. It was hard to get just one. Luckily, my hubby knew that just one right now would be the best bet. We are unable to have furry, four-legged friends at where we reside and so many recommended adopting a fish. I am attaching a picture of him. I have a question, if it is okay.. As you may see, there are a lot of bubbles on the tank, is this okay? We were misinformed about the size of tank needed, so this picture was in a 1 gallon tank - yes I know, shame on me, lol. We just went out and bought a new tank (5 gallon) so I will be adding new pictures I am sure. This seems like such a friendly and helpful community. I look forward to getting to know everyone!:)

#2 ·
Welcome to the forum! :) Your betta is BEAUTIFUL! I love red bettas. DOes he have a name yet? :) Also yes,the bubbles are just fine and can't harm your betta or anything. They are just there.

#10 ·
Welcome!! ;) Just to warn you now, once your into bettas there is no going back! Its impossible. You might become addicted just like most of us, its not a bad thing! So dont worry ;). Love the betta, I have a red betta myself, I actually have four right now ;). Here they are just to give you a feel of betta homes, if you ever want to decorate. This is my 10gallon! (Divided)

#12 ·
Welcome!! ;) Just to warn you now, once your into bettas there is no going back! Its impossible. You might become addicted just like most of us, its not a bad thing! So dont worry ;). Love the betta, I have a red betta myself, I actually have four right now ;). Here they are just to give you a feel of betta homes, if you ever want to decorate. This is my 10gallon!
Thanks! You have some absolutely gorgeous Bettas!! :-D

#11 ·
Welcome to the forum!

I am also not allowed to have any furry, four-legged friends at my mother's place where I am at the moment either. So I thought about adopting a betta, I used to work at PetsMart in the fish section and was fascinated by the betta's.

Ur betta is beautiful by the way!!

The bubbles are only air bubbles..happens in new tanks, they are harmless and will eventually go away.

We look forward to seeing more of u and ur fish around.

#15 ·
Welcome to the forum! I'm also in the same boat as you pets-wise, I couldn't bring my cat to live with me in Ottawa.

You've got a pretty boy! I bet he'll love his new 5 gallon tank. :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.