Does your tank have an air stone or other type of aeration? No
Is your tank heated? No
What tank mates does your betta fish live with? Ghost Shrimp & Mystery Snail

Food
What type of food do you feed your betta fish? Betta Food
How often do you feed your betta fish? About 4 pellets daily

Maintenance
How often do you perform a water change? Weekly
What percentage of the water do you change when you perform a water change? 25-50%
What type of additives do you add to the water when you perform a water change? Searchem Prime

Water Parameters:
Have you tested your water? If so, what are the following parameters?
Not tested.
Ammonia:
Nitrite:
Nitrate:
pH:
Hardness:
Alkalinity:

Symptoms and Treatment
How has your betta fish's appearance changed? Unknown
How has your betta fish's behavior changed? Yes. Sits at bottom and only comes up occasionally to "stretch"
When did you start noticing the symptoms? Week ago
Have you started treating your fish? If so, how? Hospital Tank + Aquarium Salt
Does your fish have any history of being ill? No
How old is your fish (approximately)? 6 months?

The Betta is my sister's and thus why I am not sure of all the above questions. I noticed that it was starting to spazz out so I took it under my care for the time being. Supposedly it had started acting up about a week ago and then a few days later she did a 40% water change which did not help its condition. When in her tank, it would stay at the bottom of the tank and burrow its head near the fake plant she has; it would only come up on occasion and would "drift" in the light current that the Mini bow 2.5g has. When it was at the top of the aquarium, it usually was head up; tail down stance (if that makes sense?)

Anyways, one or 2 days ago I made a hospital tank for it; using Tupperware, desk lamp and an air pump. It SEEMS to act better (much less sluggish) but I want to verify that there aren't any diseases that I need to cure. (not a betta owner so unfamiliar with how its supposed to look) For example, I can't tell if its fins and face are normal looking. I'll provide more pictures if requested. Thank you very much

http://imageshack.us/g/846/img20110622191746.jpg/

One thing i forgot to mention: i thought its black eyes were really wierd; they looked like someone put a huge sharpie dot where the eye should go. Now they look like they have a clear film over it; kinda like a normal eye; just wanted to make sure everything is fine.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.