Betta Fish Forum banner

My first betta fishy!

1K views 19 replies 10 participants last post by  nobleduck 
#1 ·
I got a new fish today! It was an early dorm gift from my best friend but I have no idea what type he is or if he is healthy. It is also my first time having a betta fish! I'm actually very worried about him and I'm not sure if he is healthy....
Please give me advice!

Thank you!
M

See less See more
#2 ·
He's very pretty. :) From what I can see, he looks like a butterfly patterned veiltail. Pics are kinda fuzzy but I don't see anything wrong with him.

Welcome to the forum!

#5 ·
Hes so pretty:)! the purple and white go well together, hes really cute. He looks healthy. To keep him healthy make sure to do water changes often as from the bowl size u have ammonia will build up quickly. Also that blue plant looks a bit spikey, if u can, try get a live plant or a softer one cause it looks like it myt tear his fins. :) i just got my betta on Friday its so exciting:D :D:) :) :)

#9 ·
He is exactly like the one I seen a Wal-Mart and wanted to bring home last Thursday!!!!!! DH told me on Saturday to go buy a whole new tank with all the trimmings so I went back to Wal-Mart thinking to buy the fish that I had seen. Didn't see that one so came home with Jack! LOVE Him! Anyway.....Beautiful fishy!!

#11 ·
What a lovely boy! What size is the bowl? do you know? Bettas do best in tanks over a gallon. They also do best in a heated tank, the best temp range is between 76 - 82F. When bettas are in water that is too cool, they tend to get lethargic and become more susceptible to disease. Good luck with your new boy and keep us updated on him!!

#19 ·
Your betta is very pretty! If you get him a bigger tank, stop by Walmart if you have one. They sell pre-set Tetra heaters for about $11. Pretty cheap, and it works fairly well.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.