Betta Fish Forum banner

what makes a fish 'show quality'?

5K views 7 replies 6 participants last post by  Dragonlady 
#1 ·
.___. that's bugged me for a while.

mainly, with Veils. we all adore our Veils, but what.... what does the IBC say is Perfect Veiltail Fins? i have had many veils(currently have 2), and Cup and Purple's fins.... are totally different. Cup has this long, beautiful, almost rectangular tail, while Purple has this amazing, beautiful, nearly heart-shaped tail(only, it doesn't end in a point, but a strait edge). which of my boys, would be "correct", according to the IBC?

main reason i ask? >w> my Perfecting the Veiltail goal that goes with my Orange Dalmatian breding ideas.

#2 ·
I have a VT boy I'd love to know if anything about his form is good. :) Anyone know? ;)

#5 ·
I beleive that there is a delta standard, as they used to be one of the most popular variety's before the "Halfmoon Craze". There are more grading guides like the previous link on the linked website.

#7 ·
i heard they were starting to, but i dunno anything about the show world. xD i just know, people are trying to better the veil, i guess as a 'just in case', or 'for when' the IBC does? xD thanks. :p looks like Purple, is nearly perfect, according to that! :D

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.