Betta Fish Forum banner

Perhaps I shouldn't have...

575 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  lilnaugrim 
#1 ·
Taught my betta how to jump for food. Tiny Tina gets REALLY impatient waiting for me to drop a pellet in, so she usually just jumps and grabs it off my finger. But this time, she jumped too high because my hand wasn't even in really in the tank hood, and she landed IN the other half of the tank. Patriot stared at her and started to move towards her, and her initial reaction was "WHOA. Where am I?" But neither of them had a change to do anything, because I grabbed the betta cup I keep beside the tank and scooped her up and put her back in her half. I've never had a jumping problem before, so I'm sure it won't happen again. She just did it on accident.

But let this be a warning to those who want to teach your bettas to eat off your finger! It's adorable and a good bonding experience, but when the betta is hungry, it's gonna get impatient and jump really high! And in a divided tank, that is a no no. :) I don't think she'll do that again, though. She's had no interest in him at all, and he's had no interest in getting on her side. He's basically like "You stay on your side, and I'll stay on mine."

She gave me a little heart attack! I'm glad I forgot to put that cup away. She could have become a snack if I hadn't kept it there.

#2 ·
I did the same thing but I got lazy with it and the two of them stopped jumping, so I don't have much to worry about anymore. I'm glad you were there to catch her though!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.