Betta Fish Forum banner

Selling Bettas (PU only)

2K views 18 replies 4 participants last post by  Alcemistnv 
#1 ·
Hey guys.

So for personal reasons that I'd rather just not state, I'm getting rid of my boys. I might be keeping ONE, but I'm not entirely sure. Depending on how much you are willing to pay, I might be willing to ship, but to be fairly honest, I'm almost 100% sure that I will end up killing the fish by not shipping correctly. I am keeping females for now, mainly because of the space issue. The boys take up TOO much space, and therefore I feel it's honestly the best for me to sell them and so I can give them a much better home.

PLEASE do not bother me about exact reasons, and such. I'd rather just be left alone about my reasons for doing so.

Jack Frost: dragonscale Crowntail with black spots. Healthy $10

Cupid: Giant Veiltail with possible white butterfly. Currently has fin melt $10

Patchy: Marble/Grizzle Doubletail Halfmoon. Healthy

What I'd like from you the owner:
*To have them in at LEAST a 2 gallon with the frequent waters changes.
*Dedication to cure them with they are sick, or to at least know when they are.
*To keep them alone if they are in anything below a 5 gallon.
*To love them as I did.

If interested, please shoot me a message.

I live in the New Paltz/ORange-Ulster county area. I can travel a bit, depending on friends on such, but I can't go too far.

Thank you so much

See less See more
#2 ·
I am actually considering shipping, but NO HEAT PACKS.
I can use newspaper and I also have some packaging stuff from when Junglist sent me my fish, but no heating pads.

Shipping will cost an extra $10 (if that's too low, please let me know)

#3 ·
Well, this is going to sound funky, but I would take all three. Couple issues though.

1. I live in Florida. Thus, shipping. I would be happy to send you heat packs, if you think the weather indicates they are a good idea.

2. I am more than happy to pay shipping, but not for the Betta itself. This is no reflection on their value (priceless), or your care (obviously excellent since you want to find them happy homes). It's a personal ethical/moral quirk.

I currently have a heavily planted 3g and 2.5g, and I would happily pick up another tank/heater/filter. Probably 5g.

I have been doing a ton of research and reading in preparation for getting a Betta. I have an entire medicine chest ready. Pictures available!

I hope you find homes where you don't have to ship, even though that sinks my chances of finny friends. But if you don't, please know that I am here and will take good care of your guys.

#4 ·
Honestly, I'm not completely in this for the money, just enough that shipping costs are covered :)

I don't seem to be getting any interest in these fish so if you could let me know what the shipping costs would be as well as how much you'd like to play, I'll start setting things up :)

Unfortunately.next well is spring break so I won't be here but j can get stuff ready after

#7 ·
Absolutely! I am going out of town to a wedding this weekend, but I should be able to get things together on Monday.

I don't know if it matters for box size, but do you think you want to send two or three? No pressure on this end, whatever works for you.

#8 ·
I think I might send 2. I might just get a larger box for two of the boys. i currently have a smaller one from awhile ago, and i might just use that to ship one of the boys with. C:

I can PM you with my address. Just let me now when the stuff ships out so I can anticipate picking it up ^^

#12 ·
Cupid actually just started, I believe what is tailbiting.

I'm not taking him home with me for spring break (parent issues), so the best I could do is put him in a tank with AQ salt. Once I return, I'll start a more rigorous treatment so that he dosn't arrive with no tail.

#14 ·
I actually have 2 bags from when I got Cupid and the girls.

And I think my LPS has C:

If not, I'd appreciate it, but I won't know until I return next Monday

#16 ·
If the shipping them to Florida falls through, I would happily take 1 or 2, I live right in Saugerties, so super close to you (I'm in new paltz frequently going to my favorite metaphysical shop)

#18 ·
Yupp!! Im in there at least 2x a month! My car is decked out in bumper stickers from there, hehe.

#19 ·
that is awwwweesooommmeee!!!! :D

I was just there right before Spring break!
And I currently have a bunch of stones there as well C:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.