Betta Fish Forum banner

Anyone selling bettas near nevada?

812 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  Jeff72 
#1 ·
I'm looking to buy some fancier bettas and was wondering if anyone has bred and wants to sell their bettas... I live in Nevada so anywhere in the U.S is probably good shipping wise.

#2 ·
You can go on Aquabid and look. Some sellers on the west coast would be MartinisMommy and SoCal (but he is only selling HMPK females right now).

Hopdiggity in GA is selling some very pretty HMs from Thailand to help raise money for our local show next year. I highly recommend her, her shipping rates are cheaper than anyone else I know and she's very good about getting back to your emails. The males she has listed are only $10 which is cheaper than HMs at Petco!

#5 ·
Ditto to above. Also Thai fish are fine too. I was just at Linda Olsons (look at the Thai fish she's the first one listed as a transhipper) house when she got a new shipment. All the bettas were happy and healthy in their little bags. I looked through most of the box (about 100 bettas) and none were dead. Also at $5 a fish (I paid $15 for three fish) you get your fish to the transhipper overnight. Then about 2-3 days for shipping to you (I don't have to because I pick mine up).

I'm a hobbyist who breeds bettas in Colorado. I'm just getting back into it with blue dragons w/ red fisn and pure red HMPKs (the fish I just picked up).

My website is in my signature.

#7 ·
Vamp,

You are SO lucky that you live near Linda Olson! You get to order some awesome stuff from Thailand and not have to pay all the other fees plus shipping within the U.S. I ordered my first ever Betta from Thailand about 4 years ago and I had it shipped through Linda. It was a Green/Copper Mustard Gas HM male. When I got him, his fins were nipped at a bit, but I have no clue if he arrived to Linda like that or not. I don't regret getting him from Thailand because he was beautiful but I think I ended up paying something like $60-70.00 when it was all said and done.

I am really starting to get interested in HMPK types. That is pretty awesome that you got some red ones as well. So, overall, it's not a big deal to get Bettas from Asia, but it definitely costs a lot more than what you would pay for your typical Betta in a pet store though. Of course, most of the time, the quality of the Betta you get from Asia is far superior to what you would find in a pet store, so that is something to consider as well. Just my 2 cents.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.