Betta Fish Forum banner

Cleaning..

442 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  Morifish 
#1 ·
My betta died a few days ago:cry:.... but I plan on using his tank for other fish(I'm trying to be optimistic about it). Because he died from "unnatural causes" (unknown sickness) how do I go about cleaning his tank? Do I need to get rid of my live plants or are they alright?
I'll obviously empty the water and scrub the tank, but what should I clean it all with to make sure I don't infect the new fish?-including rocks and other un-living objects.

Sorry if this is in the wrong category btw, and thank you to whoever responds o.o

#2 ·
Vinegar is what I would use. Just be sure to rinse everything very well. You can also use a small amount of bleach on the tank. Not sure if i would use it on the decor or if it will effect the colors. I generally use both and have had no problem provided you rinse very thoroughly.
With the vinegar I just pour a small amount into my tank, let it sit and then rinse it out really well. Same with bleach. I have used bleach on tanks, and natural rocks. I would use vinegar on colored rocks, and any decor.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.