Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-14-2014, 12:12 PM   #631 
Ptolemy

Has anyone had an issue with the light on the spec III? I've had it for about a month now. It turns on fine, but when I go to turn it off at night, typically nothing happens when I move it to the off switch. The light stays on. So I have to turn it "on/off, on/off, on/off, a bunch of times to get the light to actually turn off. Has anyone encountered this?
Ptolemy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2014, 10:52 PM   #632 
jsalexson4689

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ptolemy View Post
Has anyone had an issue with the light on the spec III? I've had it for about a month now. It turns on fine, but when I go to turn it off at night, typically nothing happens when I move it to the off switch. The light stays on. So I have to turn it "on/off, on/off, on/off, a bunch of times to get the light to actually turn off. Has anyone encountered this?
Yup that happened with mine as well, low quality slide switch inside the light I presume. A good way to fix this is to buy a timer for your light and then you would have a consistent schedule for lighting that would be good for your fish and or plants and you wouldnt have to worry about messing with the light switch everyday.
jsalexson4689 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2014, 07:44 PM   #633 
Ptolemy

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsalexson4689 View Post
Yup that happened with mine as well, low quality slide switch inside the light I presume. A good way to fix this is to buy a timer for your light and then you would have a consistent schedule for lighting that would be good for your fish and or plants and you wouldnt have to worry about messing with the light switch everyday.
Thanks for the tip! I was considering contacting the company and thought they may send me a replacement if I have a faulty one, but sounds like it may just be how they're made. I'll look into getting a timer.
Ptolemy is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
betta, fluval, nano, planted, spec