Betta Fish Forum banner

FS: (2) Male Bettas & (2) Female Bettas ... PU/S 28409

8K views 35 replies 12 participants last post by  Bacon Is Good 
#1 ·
I have a few bettas that need a new home. I am hoping to use the money that I make from these fish to go towards a solid black crowntail male betta.

Sizes are estimates! If you think the asking prices are too high for the bettas, please don't be hateful. Offers are also accepted, and all reasonable offers will be considered. Additional pictures are available that I can send via email by request.

The photos do not do these fish any justice. The fish nor my camera wanted to cooperate with me during the photo session. Please feel free to make offers if you see a fish you like. I apologize about some of the pictures not being in focus.

Betta #1 ( Male) He is HUGE! ( around 3"+)
Name: Zorro
Color: Marbled
Tail Type: Veiltail
Asking Price: $5.00 OBO

Betta #2 ( Male) 2.25-2.5"+
Name: Houdini
Color: Purple, Blue, & Etc. ( Multicolored)
Tail Type: Unsure
Asking Price: $5.00 OBO
For those of you that know this betta on the forum, he is the fish that changed colors on me.

Betta #3 ( Female) She is HUGE! ( 2"-2.25"+)
Name: Spidey ( My little Cousin always said that her colors reminded him of Spiderman, so he decided to call her Spidey and I simply stuck with the name. lol.
Color: Deep Deep Purple ( Almost Black), and Red
Tail Type: Veiltail ?
Asking Price: $3.00 OBO

Betta #4 ( Female) She is petite at around 1.25"+ (5+ years old)
Name: Jewel - She was adopted from a neighbor's tank many years ago, and was the first betta I ever owned. When she was younger, she was injured by being in a super tiny sorority tank. That caused her to be petite in size, and have minor damage to both eyes. She still can see well, and is by far the first fish to greet you at the front of the tank. She may look rough on the outside, but she is a absolute sweetheart, and still acts like a baby betta. lol.
Color: Purple/Blue/Red
Tail Type: Veitail
Asking Price: FREE to a good home ( whoever gives her a new home, I would really appreciate receiving updates about her).
I wasn't able to get a picture of her to use, as she kept facing the camera the entire time. She made it impossible for me to get a picture of her entire body. lol.

Shipping is available, but at the buyer's risk. I do not have any insulated boxes available at this time, so pickup is highly preferred.

LOCAL PICKUP
Local pickup is available in Wilmington, NC.

SHIPPING
Usps Priority Mail @ $5.50- $10.00
Usps Express Mail @ $18.00 - $39.95
Fedex Ground @ $12.00 - $18.00

PAYMENT
Payment is accepted via paypal. Please make sure you have a confirmed shipping address.

See less See more
#3 ·
Thank you!

Sadly, neither female betta can be placed in a sorority tank.

Jewel is extremely sweet, and would more than likely be picked on by the larger/stronger female bettas.

Spidey acts like she is auditioning for "fight club" when it comes to being in the same aquarium as another female.

Personality wise, the bettas are complete opposites of each other. lol.

#6 ·
I'm sooo tempted to take Jewel. I was originally hoping to add her to my sorority but now I'm thinking I have an extra tank she might like . . .

Would you pay shipping or would that be me?

#8 ·
Did zorro bite his tail? Or is it just behind him in the picture? I would be interested in buying him, but I am leaving for mexico tomorrow morning and won't be back until next week, could you possibly hold him for me until then?

#13 ·
None at all. She used to live in a soroity tank, and I resuced her from a neighbor many years ago. That is how she received all the injuries by the stronger females constantly picking at her. She will eat as many pellets as you drop in her tank, and is all around a sweetheart of a fish.

sorry but i am unable to take him, i just dont have anymore room for males and my parents wont let me set up another tank
No problem. Thanks for letting me know.

Oh man...I am tempted by handsome Zorro. How old is he?
He is around 12 months old, and seems to grow larger every day. lol.

#11 ·
sorry but i am unable to take him, i just dont have anymore room for males and my parents wont let me set up another tank

#18 ·
We will be holding off on the sale, and shipping of orders for at least a few days - a week.

Our family found out yesterday that our 13 year old Golden Retriever (Buddy) may have cancer, and possibly will have to be put down. I have been at vet offices, and pet emergency service clinics for almost 2 days.

I will not be able to proceed with any sales, or any shipments until our family receives results from our dogs biopsy. If our dog requires emergency surgery, every fish, invert, aquarium, and decoration we have will be sold off to raise money.

#19 ·
OMG I'm so sorry!! My 14 yr old APBT has cancer among many health issues and needs to be put down. I feel your pain. Best of wishes to Buddy and your family! :')

#20 · (Edited)
Buddy was put to sleep this morning :sob::sob::sob: which is making things at home extremely tough, espically for the kids. It means SO much to our family for all the members who sent us such sweet & supportive messages.

In order to help pay off some of the vet bills, our family has decided to do a major downsize in the amount of fish & aquariums we currently have.

At this time we only have the two female bettas available, ( both males are spoken for), but we do have other fish that will be for sale soon. ( Bala Sharks, Young Green Cory Cats, & Marbled Crayfish.)

Thanks again for all the support! Our family has shed alot of tears the last few days, and being around such wonderful members has helped ease the pain.

Zorro @ Pending Payment
Houdini @ Pending Payment
Spidey @ Available
Jewel @ Available

#21 ·
Zorro @ Available
Houdini @ No Longer Available
Spidey @ No Longer Available
Jewel @ Available

I also have additional fish & inverts available as well.

(5) Green Cory Cats ( 1"+) Only $0.80 each

(4) Bala Sharks ( 2.25"-4"+) $1.00 each

(4) Young Adult Marbled Crayfish ( 1"-1.25"+) $3.00 each

(8) Young Adult White Clarkii Crayfish ( 1"-1.5") $8.00 each

(25) Newborn Baby Marbled Crayfish ( no shipping) $0.15 each

#29 ·
I'm glad Zorro found a home!

#31 ·
Hope you find out why.

#33 ·
I'm sorry to hear about Zorro :( I would have taken him myself if I had the room. I've been watching this post to see if he found home. I too hope you can figure out the cause.

#34 ·
I wish he could have lived.

#36 ·
Thats a thought

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.