Betta Fish Forum banner
4M views 13K replies 2K participants last post by  Smaragdina_is_best@12345 
#1 ·
Ok, so I'm sure everyone would love to see the variety of betta tanks/bowls that we have, so post pics of yours here!:-D I have to find my camera, and then I'll get pics of my tanks :)

#2,965 ·
Thankyou for the the nice comments on Milo and Oscars tank you all!:-D
Here is Cleos tank..It is quite the cloudy mess at the moment... (added corys and i'm now having another mini cycle thing going on:shock:)

I like my filter baffle though..Instead of using the sponge or water bottle I have ruber banded some plants around the outtake.:-D

#2,967 ·
I think you meant me "Betta Fet" (although I meant to sigh up as Betta Fett, I did not notice my own typo)

Anyways, yeah it was a free desktop wallpaper, I resized it in Photoshop then took it to Office Max for printing. $1.20 to print on 11 x 17 card stock. I could have payed the extra 2 bucks to have it laminated but I was not sure if I liked it yet...so if and when I spill water on it I will just have another one printed and get that one laminated.:)

#2,970 ·
Percy's tank has seen some drastic changes is the past few weeks, including a completely new substrate and a tank rearrange.

I wish I could get a bigger tank for him but my parents are refusing point-blanc. 4 Gallons is too small!!! :evil:

The new substrate is silica grit, I've added some green cabomba, removed the apple snail and rearranged everything.

Attachments

#2,973 ·
Don't worry about it. Unless he seems lethargic and unhappy, he's fine. I have my biggest fish in a 3 gallon, and he loves it. It's his own little paradise. He's about 3 inches long, including his tail, so it's the perfect size for him.

#2,974 ·
Here's Sazzer's bowl. I hope to put him in something bigger sometime soon. :)

#2,983 ·
Fair enough.
Is this little shelf the only place you could put a tank? Only a divided 10 gallon would be a lot better IMO.
However, if a 5 gallon is the only size, then that's fine. 2.5 gallons can work for a betta, but personally I would only put one Betta in a 5 gallon tank.

#2,984 ·
Since my other fish died :cry:, I've been planning on moving Root Beer into the empty tank, which would give him a little over a gallon more space. After finally getting the tank sanitized and cleaned up, I got it all put together today!!!! So here's a pic of Root Beer's new home, once I put him in there!

#2,986 ·
I would love to get live plants, but I'm not overly comfortable with live plants right now. I think live plants might be why that tank is suddenly available for Root Beer. I had bought two live plants, one for this tank and one for another betta tank, and in less than a week, both bettas were dead. The only thing that had changed in their tanks were the plants. So...silk plants for now.

#2,987 ·
This tank is going to sit where i had Ōji's tank originally. I really liked the look of a tank there but my idiot cats put a stop to that.

I bought this 5 gallon to have as a planted tank with no fish. I know this is the post your betta home thread but i didn't want to start a new thread just to post this pic.

I have to keep telling myself that NO FISH will be in this tank, i don't want a repeat of cat stupidity from my littlest kitty and if it's just plants she'll leave it alone. (i did see the cutest female at petsmart that i had to drag myself away from) So. i know it's bare but i've got 1 amazon sword and have a java fern coming that i ordered online. Plus i have 5 small marimo balls coming, 1 for Ōji's tank, 1 for a half gallon bowl that i plan to give to my mam and the other 3 can go in here for now.
Feeder fish Aquarium Freshwater aquarium Transparent material Aquarium decor

(sorry about the pic if it turns out to be huge)
I do plan on adding some stones and a few more plants when i can find decent ones. i have a few bulbs in there but honestly i don't know if they'll grow or not.