Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 10-19-2014, 03:03 AM   #70851 
cheekysquirrel

It didn't go too badly. Handed out some flyers and did a lot of cleaning. On Thursday I begin a paid extended trial
cheekysquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 03:38 AM   #70852 
LittleBettaFish

Look out into the backyard to find the dog from behind us, running around the backyard with one of our girls.

It looks like he pushed through the fence and was having a great time annoying Eos and trying to steal our dog toys.

His owner is sadly an idiot but there are so many idiotic dog owners out there that it's depressing.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 11:20 AM   #70853 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

So a week ago an awful thing happened... What I thought was a really severe flu was so much worse... I went to the ER on Tuesday and they found out I had a toonie size (uhh sorry Americans dunno what to compare to) abscess right on the bottom of my tail bone (likely from an ingrown hair). So they had to cut it open and drain it. It was horrible, so much pain.. even now.. I got off school for the whole week though, haha. At home now.
Ferret is being babysat right now, but after I got home from the ER and finally had the energy to play with him a bit, he was going absolutely nuts after being ignored for 4 days (I'd let him out but didn't really interact with him and he was pretty bored). Running around like a maniac.

I think my fish hobby is gonna die back for a few years too. :/ My parents can't keep anything alive but the goldfish aha. Just a waste of money for now. Think I just want to keep the goldfish and maybe a betta in my 5 gallon Fluval Spec...

Besides lately I'm much more into backyard homesteading. Even though I've had no luck getting my rabbits to breed at all. This summer I wanna build some livestock tractors for them.

As another hopeful summer project, I was thinking either maybe get quail or pigeons into the mix.. bees would be cool but don't think I'm ready for that... Other option is to get a 300 gallon trough to raise some tilapia and spinach in... Or if my parents really don't want to grow the farm I'd like to build a ~350 gallon tank for the goldfish in the basement... that would be cool... can't imagine filling it though, the Northfin goldfish food is like $40/lb...

Also I'm gonna be in school forever.. disability services convinced me to do my degree over 5 years instead of 4 to make it easier, then just a Master's is another 2 years...

Also speaking of dogs, I can't stand mine. She doesn't like me either. When my dad leaves she just goes and lays on his pillow until he gets back and is all sad and barely wants to interact with anyone but him. She turned into a one person dog very suddenly. :/
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 07:58 PM   #70854 
Agent13
Reference Team

Name:  ImageUploadedByPetGuide1414198515.599483.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  29.8 KB

Meet my new baby !!!!
A black and gold Colombian tegu 💚

She's been in terrible care for the past year but in better hands now .. Severely tiny for her age but Dr says she should catch up in growth soon ... She should be about 3.5 feet and 10-20lbs when full grown 😍

She supposedly wasn't tame and very aggressive .. However been nothing but sweet and loving for me .
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2014, 10:49 PM   #70855 
kjg1029

I want a tegu! shes beautiful, she looks so sweet:)!
kjg1029 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 03:33 PM   #70856 
Agent13
Reference Team

Thanks! I want another tegu now .. my bf says we need to buy a house that fits my zoo and one more kid before I'm allowed to though haha

She is very sweet.. but Im sure with time a little attitude may show up.. Colombian tegus have a rep for being pretty bratty lol
Agent13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2014, 04:18 PM   #70857 
LittleBettaFish

Was so stupid yesterday and forgot to shut the dog crate door properly and our two girls got in together and had a minor scuffle. I hate dog fights. Luckily it was basically all talk as they usually are, but I would have never forgiven myself if something worse had happened.

I don't know if it's just same sex aggression between them (which sadly German Shepherds seem more prone to), or just my stupid dog Nike who has an inability to behave like a normal dog, but those few minutes are so terrifying. I can't imagine how bad a fight between dogs is when they are really trying to kill each other.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2014, 06:50 PM   #70858 
Tikibirds

I want my dog back My boyfriend took him to Boston because I am going on vacation next week. He won't bring him back till the end of November.

And look who decided to make an appearence:
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
0_o, banana !!, bettathanyou, cornucopia=not yummy, eat the cheese, eyeballs!!!!! 0.o"o.0, i started a trend - maisy, like a thread in a thread, tag bombed!, tag! you're it!, taggy mctaggerson, taggy mctaggerson ii, that is dobby's cheese, throw the cheese