Betta Fish Forum banner

32 oz Jar

3K views 10 replies 7 participants last post by  dramaqueen 
#1 ·
So I have a 32oz maybe a little bigger that I want to plant, one stem plant, some duckweed, and maybe some moss. Now I was thinking what sort of shrimp or snail that could do well alone in such a jar. Maybe a small floating plant as well.

#2 ·
Ramshorn snails comes to mind. They live in my koi pond year-round and are very hardy little things. They are rather interesting to watch and will eat just about anything. I'm growing some out in a bowl with just water, leaves, and some duckweed right now.

Some shrimp might be able to survive but it depends on how cold that jar would get in the winter.

#3 ·
During the winter my room is heated to 84 so tanks are around 82-80

Red ramshorns are so pretty, I was thinking about that because they have that eye popping color that would stand out against the leaves. I also just love them because they have such decorative looking shells compared to other snails. I guess nerits are very pretty too but they seem more expensive for a single snail display. I would rather have them in a tank with fish.

#4 ·
I think that's a really cool idea! :) I love combining red (or other colored natural- things, like the ramshorn snails) with lots of greenery... Can't wait to see what you do! Although I must say that I can't offer much (useful) advice, as I don't (yet) have a lot of experience w/ planted tanks, or snails/shrimp.... But I like where ur headed :) Good Luck!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.