Betta Fish Forum banner

Changing Colors?

1K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  LaniBaby 
#1 ·
Alright. I've noticed that Rascal has changed different colors. His face used to be almost black and now is turning grey. His belly used to be blue but is turning orange. i dont see any white spots though. I tried to take a pic but the water is too cloudy and i've been trying to fix that for over a month now. Please help. This guy means the world to me and i dont know what to do.

#2 ·
I enjoyed the little video. He looks like an active swimmeR! Have you noticed any changes in his activity? Is he still eating?

Sometimes, color change happens when they're young. They may not settle on a color until 8 mos. old or longer. My guys are still changing colors. Have you left him in the dark for any period of time? they lose a lot of color when they're in the dark.

As for the cloudy water, how often do you do water changes? If it's really that cloudy, and he's the only little guy in there, I would probably do a big water change and clean everything out. Clean water is really very important to betta health. if you can vacuum the gravel, even better. You can use a turkey baster or a normal gravel vacuum. That will remove a lot of his waste and bacteria.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.