Betta Fish Forum banner

One girl in my sorority.

1K views 11 replies 7 participants last post by  AlexXx 
#1 ·
Not sure if this is a problem or not... But, anyway. I have 5 girls in a 10 gallon planted tank with lots of hidey holes and what not. Most of you know all about it. The newest girl i added has been lurking around this one planted, here is a picture

She digs into it and stays there for a long time some times. She is always around that plant and mostly always very still. I havnt really seen any of the girls chase her, but she does not come up for food really, so im not sure what she is eating! I just had two girls jump out at dinner time that was a scary ordeal, luckily i was able to grab them both quickly and toss them in! Never the less, i really hope that my girl Ivvy is ok. she is so pretty and was so happy it seemed. Do you think i should remove her from the sorority?

See less See more
#2 ·
I don't remember how long ago you got her, but maybe she's just adjusting? But if you think that she's not getting food and is hiding all the time, I would remove her. Maybe she doesn't have the right temperament for a sorority. :-?

#5 ·
Alright well, i waited a few days she stayed in there, and I went to do my water change (and get her out) today and shes gone! Where could she be?!? I took out all the ladies, moved around some decor took out 50 % of the water and made sure to look in all the plants and she is no where to be found! I dont think my ONE ghost shrimp could have eaten the poor little girl :( I am super confused. Hopefully she shows up.... I added my new yellow girl, im not sure what to name her, i was thinkin Yeller. But shes getting along with the ladies just great. Shes puffin up a lil bit but no1 is even paying attention to her its so funny. Its like they are old ladies and not paying any mind to the annoying child haha. Hopefully Ivvy shows up :(

#8 ·
The tanks got a lid, but i did look behind because thats was my first though, i didnt see the poor girl. I dont see here anywhere... I just added 9 ghost shrimp hopefully if she is dead they will find her and eat her so it wont rot in the tank and kill the rest of the girls. ughhh i hope she turns up still :(

#9 ·
Awww. I hope you find her alive! Hopefully she is just realllyyy good at hiding. I know how it feels to have a betta go missing. My betta would hide behind the filter, and I couldn't see him, and he wouldn't move when I wiggled the filter. I almost freaked out the first time he went missing.

Good luck with finding her! I hope she is found very soon!

#10 ·
Hope you find her!

#11 ·
Did you check inside the filter?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.