Betta Fish Forum banner

Looking to rehome some Bettas.

2K views 20 replies 7 participants last post by  Sweeda88 
#1 ·
I live in the Twin Cities Metro area of Minnesota, and I'm looking to rehome 5 fish. I'm trying to rehome them because of my worsening back problems. I don't want to have to give them away willy-nilly on Craigslist. I'd either have to have you come get them OR have you send me the packing materials and a pre-paid shipping label, or a priority mailer of the appropriate size. I know that's highly unusual, but I have no way of getting supplies to ship with, and I have no paypal account. I know that other people on the forum can vouch for the fact that I am an honest, contributing member and would NEVER scam anyone. I understand why someone wouldn't be comfortable with this situation, so if you're not 100% sure of me, don't respond. Here are the pictures of the fish I need to rehome. I would request that anyone taking them in keep them in a tank of at LEAST 2 gallons and you MUST have a heater.

Annabelle is first. She is a VERY aggressive female. She is not appropriate for a sorority or community tank. She is extremely active, and loves to jump when I feed her.

Glitter is next. He's a gorgeous double tail. His fins are EXTREMELY delicate. He should be in a tank with silk or live plants.

Crayola is a chronic tail biter. He'd do best alone, with nothing to stress him out.

Pinkerton is a mellow dude, and likes to swim vertically. He's a silly fish. He's prone to swimming down and hitting gravel. He's a derp. xD

Last is Tinkerbell. She would probably do fine in an established community tank or sorority. She gave my Platies some trouble, so I moved her, but it was nothing serious. I just thought she might like her own space. A larger community tank (20 gallons or so) might suit her just fine.

Attachments

See less See more
#7 ·
I'm NOT going to do that. They could end up going to someone who would stick them in a tiny bowl and never change they're water. They're better off with me in that case.

#8 ·
I would <3 Glitter... but cant send shipping material :(

#10 ·
Yeah, its best you not give them to petstores, I wouldn't want to think of what would happen.. I would have loved to take Crayola, I even have packing material but looking at my location, it would be too stressful for him and the both of us. X(

I hope they all find amazing homes Sweeda, I'm sorry you have to give them away. :(

#14 ·
Hmm... I'll go check with my post office about charges and stuff and let you know on Saturday (tomorrow's a holiday, Parsi new year..), if the shipping is too high, it might be a problem for me so if someone else closer is interested, don't wait for me. But if the shipping isn't too much and he's still there with you, I wouldn't mind taking him. :>

#16 ·
Okie doks! :D I'm excited! I hope shipping isn't too high!

#18 ·
That sucks... :< I hope you find him a home in the US then... He's a cute guy, I'm sure someone will take him. And the others too. :)

#20 ·
*fingers crossed* =)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.