Betta Fish Forum banner

what do you use as a divider?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  samual989 
#1 ·
I know its prolly in these threads but I am tired of digging today. :) what to use for your dividers in 20 gal. But any type of tank divider ideas will help! If someone has already mentioned ur style or idea let's keep the replies to a minimum.

#2 ·
Report spines & plastic craft canvas should still work well, you'd just have to adjust your setup a bit

#3 ·
I use penn plax dividers. They are cheap but over time degrade. The nice thing is after the plastic does degrade you can buy craft canvas and still use the frame. Also, by degrade I don't mean they suddenly fall apart. They get brittle and if you try moving them they will start to get cracks. It takes a while though, mine lasted about 8 months before that happened.

#4 ·
The canvas is decent but lookin for more ingenius idea's I think that would look better! I was thinking about the plastic sheets that cover commercial lighting can get iced so not see threw but wonder about drilling and cutting if it will hold up to it! Copper how do u fit ur hood on with them hooks over hanging?

#5 ·
The most creative solution mentioned was to use acrylic sheets that are moderately thick and drill enough holes of some certain size to allow flow. There is a thread floating around about it for dividing tanks.

I think he used an aquarium safe grade of calk that they use in building fish tanks and used that to hard set acrylic sheets (with plenty of holes drilled in them) into his tank.

I suggest no more than 3-4 divisions (2-3 dividers) in a 10 gallon tank. Ideally, I suggest dividing a 10 to have 3 sections, with 25-30% of the tank at the ends for the bettas (keep the distance so they won't see each other and flare), and use the center 40-50% for your filtration, heater, larger bulk of moss/plants and any other fish that can't mix with your bettas (granted the bettas do not see the fish in the center and throw a flaring fit).

If you can find it, use an opaque acrylic, and then you can actually place three bettas in a row divided, without them being able to see their neighbors and start a flaring contest. :|

#6 ·
I found opaque but it is outrageous priced, I have a 20 I am doing not a ten, but really wanted idea's for more household type material! I have clear acyrlic with the black canvas on it as of now but I want something different! The acrylic has 16 holes in a line on top then 16 on bottom of next one and so on to promote water movement also fine bubbles in each cell! Just want it to look better. I just added new setup on my profile.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.