Betta Fish Forum banner

Good filter for a 10g?

311 views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  kyle89 
#1 ·
I plan to buy a 5 or 10 gallon tank for my male betta soon. Right now he is in a 2.5 uncycled tank. I plan to cycle his new tank and I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions for a good filter and water conditioner. I'm also going to buy him a new heater because even though his heater is suppose to work on tanks up to 15 gallons, I don't believe it'll be sufficent enough. Any suggestions there also? I'd like one that I can control the temperature with because the one I use now is suppose to "automatically" bring the temperature to 78 degrees and it barely hits 77. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Stores near me are Petsmart and Petco, so any products held in those stores would be great.

#2 ·
The AquaClear 20 is a very good filter. It provides biological, mechanical, and chemical filtration. You can even adjust the flow. ^.^ Also, sponge filters work well, too. The AC20 and sponge filters are available in the stores near you.

Good water conditioners are Prime, Stress Coat+, and I think Top Fin is good, too. Don't you use conditioner already?

Hydor THEO, Eheim Jager, and Marineland Visi-Therms are all great heaters. All adjustable, and good looking. ;-)

#4 ·
Any water conditioner is good, really. If you want conditioners that do more than just treat your water for chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals, try Prime or Stress Coat+.

But the main deal is to treat for chlorine, chloramines, and heavy metals.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.