Betta Fish Forum banner

First Spawn- sort of clueless

549 views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  frostynsnowflake118 
#1 ·
They've been in the tank now for a few days and we've been watching the bounching baby channel for a while now... so when so i start to feed them?? Some are already horizontal while others are still in the nest or stuck to the cup ect...

#2 ·
That's pretty much the exact situation of my spawn right now. I have about half that seem to be swimming perfectly fine and the other 1/2 still in the nest with Daddy's help. Personally i'm going to get a BBS hatchery going in the morning, and probably going to feed some EY too. I figure if the survival rate is 50%, than it's most likely going to be the 50% that's already free swimming.

#3 ·
I have a culture of micro worms coming and the stuff is late :( I'm almost positive that some wont make it. Makes me feel guilty for not getting on the ball sooner

#5 ·
Egg yolk: hard boiled - longer boiled, better
Take the yolk only, you can eat the white stuff.
Take a tiny pinch of yolk and ;
a. squeeze it around the water surface
b. dilute it in a cup of water and carefully pour evenly in the tank.
c. dilute it in a small spray and spray evenly on the surface.

If the water gets cloudy, you're using too much.

You can feed them as soon as they're free swimming - though half aren't free swimming yet. You can prepare bbs hatchery now or wait another 2 days to feed on the following day.

Good luck on your fry

#7 ·
Microworms are doing their job! though i have only 2 fry left :( they're getting big and they're very healthy! should be able to post pics. soon

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.