Betta Fish Forum banner

1 m 1 f in 20 ltr tank..

5K views 50 replies 14 participants last post by  hannah16 
#1 ·
so i have a male emerald dragon betta in a 20 ltr tank tok pitty on a female in lfs and put her in a guppy breeder box in his tank. when she went in he had been clamp and depressed for almost 2 weeks i thoughted he die on me (cost me $55) she jumped out i noticed her free swimming i freaked
she bailed three more time and now is just loose with him for the last three days and NO DAMAGE. hes unclamped and happier. whos says you cat keep one of each together huh?

#36 ·
Very risky business. All betta males perk up and show off when they see a female. All you have to do is pull a sorority girl put her in a jar, then place it in front of a boys tank. Boys show off at first, flare, zip around., run away very excited. Also have seen them get along very well at first in the spawn tub..part of courtship. Then the other phase kicks in and you see the chase, nips and jumps, Ive seen a girl leap 8 inches and bounce off the spawn tub lid..ok time to go. Since the OP female is very likely not conditioned at all she will be terrified by it all. It may take a while but the outcome willl probly be a negative result. So why take chances like this with the health of the fish? Over 80 fish in 4 yrs in not so good. Most betta diseases can be prevented with good care in the first place or quickly fixed with proper knowledge and use of medications. Take the good advise given to you by people who have more experience. Do the right thing. Its like drinking and driving... you can get away with it for a while but eventually the odds are against you. Nobody says you cant do this..your fish right. Just saying you shouldn't is all.

#42 ·
Why are y'all still posting? I thought you'd see by now she isn't going to separate them. You're wasting your time typing up responses to this thread.

I say let Abby be and if you want to say " I told you so" later, then keep an eye out.

As for the 80 bettas in four years, yes that is a lot, but how do we know she didn't rehome several of them rather than them dying?? We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.

#44 ·
Why are y'all still posting? I thought you'd see by now she isn't going to separate them. You're wasting your time typing up responses to this thread.

I say let Abby be and if you want to say " I told you so" later, then keep an eye out.

As for the 80 bettas in four years, yes that is a lot, but how do we know she didn't rehome several of them rather than them dying?? We shouldn't be jumping to conclusions.
She seemed to talk alout about dead bettas.

#51 ·
It's better you do not know... but according to Abby the male and female combo tank is doing well so far.. but please do not take it to heart that this is something you yourself should practice..

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.